• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cycling blue "tracfone" screen after app installation

katbau

Lurker
Jan 12, 2014
I have the LGL55C from Straight Talk. Today I attempted to install a very reliable, zillions-of-people-use-it app, and my phone said it was getting low on storage. I deleted a bunch of things that were taking up space, and clicked on the app. The app "stopped unexpectedly" and went back to the home screen. I turned the phone off, and turned it back on.... and all it does is play the blue "trac fone' screen. I've tried taking the battery out, tried the recovery boot and cleared the cache partition, and it still will not start. I am absolutely freaking out-- I have a 20 month old daughter and the phone has pictures of her since birth!! :( Please help!! All I care about is getting those pictures off and then I am fine doing a hard restart. But I cannot even get my computer to recognize the phone. There are no drivers for it available from LG that I can find... I tried loading the mini SD card from the phone into another phone, and then hooking THAT up to the computer and couldn't access it either. HELP.

The SD card should have come with a full-size card adapter. Put it into that and put that into your computer. (If you didn't get such an adapter, they're cheap - less than a buck on eBay, maybe a couple of bucks at a computer big box retail chain. If you don't have an SD card slot, there are USB adapters for the cards. But plug the card into a USB port on the computer, not into a USB hub.)

If the computer can't read the card, try PhotoRec - CGSecurity It'll read any readable bunch of data that looks like a picture and recover it. You won't get the file name, but you'll get the picture (and most likely the EXIF data, so if you install a free EXIF editor on your phone, you can look at the recovered files, decide what they were and rename them). It should be expensive, considering what it can do for you, but it's free.

If the card is so damaged that even PhotoRec can't read it, try ZAR Data Recovery Software It's a paid program, but used to recover photos it's free and unlimited. It reads the memory chip in the card directly, so unless the card is totally destroyed internally, it should recover some of your photos.

In the future, if a file is important, back it up to your computer as soon as you can. Then back it up to a cloud account (Dropbox, Google, whichever one you use or prefer). If your house burns down, taking your phone and computer with it, the insurance company buys you new ones. The photos will be safe. (The odds of your phone, your computer and Google all going unrecoverably bad at the same time are too large for numbers. Back it up to two cloud accounts, and the planet would have to be destroyed for you to lose your pictures. Paranoid? No, it's your daughter. She'll never be 19 months old again.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones