1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Cydia & Installous Apps

Last Updated:

1. shaverrx

shaverrx New Member This Topic's Starter

I am making the move from iPhone 3GS 32 gig to HTC EVO in June. Current iPhone with t-mobile has Cydia & Installous. Will this software be available to use with HTC EVO or other android 2.1 phones?

Advertisement
  2. junpar

junpar New Member

1st of all, concerning Cydia: Android OS is not locked in like the iPhone OS. You can install whatever you want, this is the case even without root access. You don't need a Cydia like program.
    2nd of all, please don't pirate applications. There are so many great free android applications out there.

kaliche likes this.
  3. Curb

Curb New Member

First of all, Junpar: shaverrx wasn't asking about about whether or not android's apps were restricted by google in the way the iPhone OS's are by Apple. And secondly: Cydia isn't for pirating apps, it's provides apps that wouldn't otherwise be allowed through the app store due to Apple regulations.

As for the question: I do know that biteSMS has an android brother chompSMS, but that's only one app. Other than that, I doubt there are many.

4. boyfrmthedrf

boyfrmthedrf New Member

First of all, Curb, the original poster also asked about Installous. Which is, unfortunately, primarily used for pirating software. It was intended to allow people to try software before they buy it, since iOS doesn't allow that, but that isn't what people do.

Also, sorry to bring up a 7-8 month old thread.