D1-MIUI for your Droid (formerly Zen-MIUI)

Last Updated:

1. zenulator

zenulator Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
    King_Bean and Caveman419 like this.
  2. jdailey1981

jdailey1981 Well-Known Member

I'm running UD 1.0.0 with Slahyer 1.2 gh OC

3. Caveman419

Caveman419 Well-Known Member

Past version just keep getting better. Will install the latest in just a little while. Keep up all the great work on this!

The first step is realizing your problems, Mr. Wiggum.:confused:

4. Bramsy

Bramsy Well-Known Member

all sorts of confused....

the above caveman tells an OSU fan what's up?? hiLARRYus

UD 1.0.0 but siggy says BB??

huh?

5. Caveman419

Caveman419 Well-Known Member

I just pictured Ralph Wiggum standing there saying "Oh boy, sleep! That's where I'm a viking!"

I apologize if I am out of line. Just needed a good laugh (and I got it).

6. Bramsy

Bramsy Well-Known Member

the above ROM is cool, but trying a bit to be like the i*hone... i'm happy with my Android OS

7. PatHoge

PatHoge Well-Known Member

Shouldn't this be in the ROMs section?

8. Thornfullessrose

Thornfullessrose Well-Known Member

Yuppers!!

Wish this was on Droid 2. When will someone PORT IT!!

9. publicanimal

publicanimal Well-Known Member

I was just about to create a new thread for this ROM as the old one is so badly outdated. Glad Zen beat me to it.

IMHO this is the best ROM for the Droid as long as you don't rely too heavily on Facebook, as apparently Facebook sync is broken on the newest version. I don't care as I don't use Facebook.

10. Tugdaturtle

Tugdaturtle Well-Known Member

All you had to do was pm me like i said and i would of updated the old thread i get on the forum at least once a day .

11. macktns

macktns Well-Known Member

sweet, i gave up on the first one almost immediately after checking out the features because of all the problems i didn't want to fix but maybe this will be what i was looking for!

12. yellowfrizbee

yellowfrizbee Well-Known Member

Oh. My. God.

God damnit! I just spent 3 hours getting all my apps the way I want them and restoring shit and all my settings right with this rom.....then I flash Chevyno1 1ghz kernel that works on every other rom Ive had and it wouldnt work with this one :(

Is there something I was missing about this rom?

13. publicanimal

Yeah, for some reason the newer Chevy kernels don't work on this ROM, but the older ones do apparently. If you don't have an SD card reader for your PC you should be able to mount your SD card to USB in recovery to load a different kernel on it it you didn't already have a handful of other kernels on your SD. I've never tried it but I've seen the option there on Clockworkmod Recovery.

The same thing happened to me but fortunately I had tons of kernels on my SD card.

14. yellowfrizbee

Thanks, bro. Nah, unfortunately I delete all the zips of my SD card after im done with them to save room on my SD. I have thought about your method though..

No worries, ill just redo it all. Its my fault anyways. I should have immediately made a nandroid back up before flashing the kernel. Impatienceness doesnt pay off :p

15. publicanimal

Kernels are really tiny files, so they don't take up a lot of room. Ever since I ran into my first boot loop from a kernel I've taken the "better safe than sorry" route.

FYI, once you get them set back up, you can back up your Miui home screens 2 ways that I know of. If you use Titanium Backup you can make a data backup of Launcher2, if you use MyBackupPro back up "Android Home" and this backs up your home screen, even on Miui. This helps a lot because new versions of this ROM come out fairly often.

16. yellowfrizbee

Advice noted and officially taken. I now have a good four kernels on my SD card :p...never again. Damn boot loops.

Loving this rom though. Although I recently ran into a new problem trying to restore my apps from Titanium Backup. It keeps restarting the phone. I will set a batch restore of apps with data and itll start to restore but then immediately it will stop and take me to the chinese-like MIUI boot up animation and my phone will freshly start up. Its weird.

If the space on my SD card or phone has any relevance:

SD card: 900MB space left
    Phone: 114MB space left

17. JamisonMP

JamisonMP Active Member

Anyone know what the best 1ghz+ Kernel is to use with this ROM? I'm kind of in love here.

18. publicanimal

I'm using Slayher's 1.6 1.1 GHz. For months I was using Chevy's ULV 1.2 GHz, but as mentioned above the newest Chevy's kernels are no longer compatible with the latest version of Miui... it was compatible with all previous versions of Miui so hopefully by the next update Chevy's kernels will work again.

Slayher kernels DLs:
    Index of /slayher/kernels

19. Eristotle

Eristotle Well-Known Member

Hey PA... Nice to see you're giving this rom another look see. Thx for the kernal link. I've been overclocking the kernal that comes with the rom to its 800 Max but will check out slayhers.

Version 5 just showed up. I Just downloaded it and I'm going to install it over v4.1 I already have in place and see how that goes.

Downloads - d1-miui - Project Hosting on Google Code

Already up and running v5. Wow...wasn't expecting the lockscreen change. Sweet! And some utility apps added. Its still a work in progress but this rom is coming along nicely.

20. publicanimal

I've been running Miui on my Droid since version 2. For a couple days after it came out I checked out The Ultimate Droid 1.0.0, but went back to Miui quickly.

Thanks for the heads up about the new version.

As far as CPU clocking goes, in my experience the ROM does a good job of handling CPU clocking on its own, several people have reported that using SetCPU actually makes this ROM laggy. I haven't used SetCPU since running Miui since performance, temperatures, and battery life are so solid without it.

21. Eristotle

Good info. Will run w/o setcpu but going to now do a fresh install. Getting some fc. BTW the total redo of the menu screens is another sweet touch in v5.

22. darkside

darkside Well-Known Member

Just got my replacement phone and rooted and decided to try this rom out first. loving the fact that it changes the whole feel of the phone which is really nice, runs smooth on my phone with a slayer kernal and its great. Definitely going to stick with this one for a while.

Are there any themes for this at all?

23. Eristotle

Good to hear. V5 is not running well for me no matter how I install/tweak it. Love all the new changes though. Back to LFY for the day so I can put this thing down and watch some football. :)

24. publicanimal

Goddamn this new version is nice!

Eristotle: What problems were you having?

darkside: Themes will be available soon. There were several for v4 but now that v5 is out they all have to be re-ported.

25. JamisonMP

JamisonMP Active Member

Thanks for the info. This is nice aside from being too much like the iphone lol. Also this thing has native FLAC support whiich kind of blew my mind. Love it.