D1 MIUI v5 <===== LOVE IT!

Last Updated:

1. joe3681

joe3681 Member This Topic's Starter

I was using v4.1.1 and updated it to v5. It is simply AMAZING. It's like a whole new phone!!! Folders on the home screen, seperate lockscreen wallpapers, etc. With Slayher's 1000LV kernel it's so fast and smooth it's insane. I'll NEVER go back to another boring looking Android ROM again!!!

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

I was relatively interested in trying this ROM until I read that Facebook contact syncing doesn't work. Dealbreaker, but I think that was for the 4.1.1 release. Does this issue still exist? If not, I may give it a try.

3. joe3681

Yeah. It still exsists. Honestly I dont really mind personally cause I never really used the FB sync anyway. That's the one downside of this ROM I've found.

4. triplecrown

triplecrown Well-Known Member

You can use Syncmypix from the market and it works great for syncing FB pictures with your contacts.

5. Jcarmicha

Jcarmicha Well-Known Member

That's icing on the cake for me also.

6. tward09

tward09 Member

I'm actually sticking with v4.1.1. because the v5 settings change looks too much like the iPhone. I know that initially it was supposed to be an iPhone-ish ROM/UI, and I was okay with that because the changes that were made to it were in our favor (bounce-back scrolling, unified icons, phone/contacts) but the settings change put it over the top for me. I like the look and feel of vanilla android in the settings department, so that's my reasoning. Anyone agree?

7. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

I can usually get used to any theme, but I do like the way Android looks. I don't particularly want my phone to look like an iPhone. There are reasons I don't have an iPhone.

8. joe3681

I always had iPhones before jumping ship to Verizon/Android. The menu is iphone-ish yes but I get bored quick so its a nice change from stock android menus. A happy medium for me!