d1 soft keyboard help.....

Last Updated:

1. loco

loco Member This Topic's Starter

Nov 28, 2009
    i have a hard time with the small letters on the soft portrate keyboard, but i find myself trying to use it alot for quick replies. however, i love the landscape stock android keyboard and use it all the time to type our lenghty messages.

because of this, im wondering if i can use the swype keyboard for the portrate keyboard only and retain use of the stock android keyboard when in landscape mode ??

ive been searching for some option but cant find anything. is it even possible ?

2. icecold

icecold Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2009
    Not that I am aware of... But is there really any difference between the two in landscape mode?

You don't need to "swpye" your words in either portrait or landscape, so it should operate the same regardless if you are Swype or the Android Keyboard in landscape. What are the features you are preferring in the Android landscape?

If you are looking for the word prediction, that is an option to turn on and off in Swype.

I guess you could look around a little more to see what is out there for soft keyboard replacements.
  3. kratos

kratos Back on my throne!!! VIP Member

Mar 2, 2010
    In order to do what you are asking, you would need to switch your keyboard each time you changed from portrait to landscape. There may be a way to create a script to do that for you when you switch layouts, but you would have to be rooted and I haven't the clue where to start looking for something that customized.

I use swype and was using it in landscape every time I needed to do something, but have found that swyping in portrait is much, much easier as your thumb has less space to cover from letter to letter.