D118 - Streaming????Support

Last Updated:

1. DILands

DILands Well-Known Member Contributor This Topic's Starter

Was wondering if it was imagination - or others have seens it. Pandora (I haven't tried Slacker yet) seems to stream A LOT more smoothly. Even though I had done the "streaming fix" prior to D118 - Pandore was still pretty much unusable. Now - on the way home from work yesterday - and in today (totally of about 30 minutes), may have had like 2 hiccups.

Advertisement
  2. reddragon

reddragon New Member

DILands,

I was just having the same thought about streaming. Prior to the DI18 update, streaming via WunderRadio in my office (bad reception area - 2 bars on 3G, no 4G) was a nightmare. I'd have complete stream stoppage every 5 to 10min - basically, every time my signal fluttered my stream stopped and would have to be manually restarted.

I had no issues with Pandora. I think Pandora's buffering was sufficient to continue streaming uninterrupted by a signal flutter.

Today, I've been using WunderRadio for the past 1.5hr with absolutely no stream interruptions.

3. LMychajluk

LMychajluk Member

I never had a problem w/ Pandora prior to the update (just got the DI18 update this morning).

4. DILands

DILands Well-Known Member Contributor This Topic's Starter

So - I never got Wunderradio - too cheap. Decided - after seeing this to maybe give it a 24 hour trial. Now, I can't find it in the Market. I know that there's another thread where someone said that a certain program appears in the Market on his EVO - but - not the the EPIC with D118.

5. badankles

badankles Well-Known Member

same here. not with rhapsody either. but, skyfire is not playing videos like it does on my other android 2.1 device. i have a tablet running 2.1 with skyfire and able to play videos from cnn.com, but not on the epic.

i'm going to look up the settings to change that now that DI18 has arrived.

6. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

I think it might be due to the 3G upload cap being removed. I want to try watching some youtube and see if I can get through videos as smoothly as 4G. I think when streaming, upload is a factor (not 100% sure though)

7. Keybeeetsss

Keybeeetsss Well-Known Member

^^^^bingo^^^^