• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root D2 can i go back to stock?

shizumie

Jan 24, 2011
Ok, first I started off with z4 to root my phone, I immediately used bootstrap and titanium to backup everything, stock original. From there I went to fission 2.5.7 and then to liberty. know I went back to my original stock backup, but I still get liberty loading. I was under the impression that when i wiped data and cache and restored my original backup that was it. I have read lots of forums about sbf and clockwork recover to stock, on different phones. I need something Droid 2 specific. Also I have never used SBF I have done everything from clockwork, so would rather go that route if possible.

Clearing Data & Cache via Clockwork to restore a back up should have done the trick. You can use RSDLite and the Stock SBF file to bring yourself back to a clean slate. It's extremely simple and there's a whole thread on it here: http://androidforums.com/droid-2-al...bf-droid-2-sbf-files-instructions-thread.html
I say I was in clockwork, I used bootstrap restore, command prompts to clear data cache, and load backup. For some reason it didn't get everything though. I will look into RSD and SBF, thanks for the quick response RJT!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones