• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

D255 - Want to remove gmail details

Hi all

Hoping someone here can help. I brought a Acer Aspire D255 about 18 months ago, and generally i've been quite happy with it (once i upgraded the RAM). But its time to move one and i've replaced it with a Nexus7 as i only need it for email and entertainment while on train.

So i'm looking at selling the D255 on fleabay, but before i can i want/need to remove any personal data of the device. I have removed everything of the Win7 partition but my gmail account details are still appearing on the Droid partition and i cant find anything to remove it with.

Can anyone help?

How about just reformatting the thing and resintalling windows 7?

This...

Reformatting the computer would be the easiest way to get absolutely all information off of the computer. Just make sure to delete Windows.old when you boot up, and/or any files that were sitting in the C: Drive.

Since you will be selling the computer this seems the easiest way to get rid of anything/everything

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones