• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help D2G accidentally locked on US Band

I am using my D2G(unlocked) in India since I have moved here. While playing around with the phone I accidentally went into the phone Info->Selected the band as US Band. Now my phone doesn't recognize any GSM networks here. I searched a lot but couldn't find any resolution to this problem. I am planning to do a factory data reset to see if it work. Any other suggestions would be very much appreciated.. I am stuck!!!

Well, the factory reset worked, but only partially. It is now connecting to only 2G network. 3G is unavailable. Even if I manually search for network, only 2G networks appear, so I know it is not Airtel Netwok's fault. UMTS seems to be completly disabled or the band is changed to something else. I guess airtel uses 2100 band for 3G. Any ideas how to fix this?
If nothing works out, I'll try rooting, but being a novice in this area.... I am a lil unsure...

Upvote 0
I am using my D2G(unlocked) in India since I have moved here. While playing around with the phone I accidentally went into the phone Info->Selected the band as US Band. Now my phone doesn't recognize any GSM networks here. I searched a lot but couldn't find any resolution to this problem. I am planning to do a factory data reset to see if it work. Any other suggestions would be very much appreciated.. I am stuck!!!
Finally fixed it. I did SBF to the 2.4.330 version and it is working fine now including 3G.

Upvote 0
Hi, I'm also facing the same problem here in India with my moto Atrix 4G. my phone was sim unlocked and bootloader unlocked and also flashed to 4.1.8.3. As i was unable to use 3G, yesterday i was adjusting with the settings in *#*#4636#*#* hidden menu.. accidentally i clicked on "menu>select radio band" and selected it to "USA band". since then i was not getting the GSM signal. i stay in bangalore and was searching for suitable means to get my Atrix 4G back to normal... I found flashing back to 1.2.6 would work.. and am doing it now... will get back after i complete it

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones