• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [d320n d325 ms323][5.1.1] AOSP / AOSP RRO

Can I monetize my development by using link shorteners?

• Yeah, I don't mind seeing and ad before I go to downloads.

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • Hell no!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
M

Member1771050

aR1YN7ll.png

THE ANDROID OPEN SOURCE PROJECT
Disclaimer:
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

WHAT IS AOSP
AOSP is Android as Google publish without other modifications. More or less AOSP is the Nexus devices stock rom without gapps.
Anyway, to get a working system @Alberto97 added some changes from CodeAurora Forum and CyanogenMod. He also added 3 non-AOSP features for a better user experience (Advanced Reboot, "Clear All" button in Recents and an option to delete screenshots from the notification area).

On our side, a support for RRO layers is also added in separate package, so you can download clean AOSP, or AOSP with support for RRO layers, whichever you prefer. One big shout for @Maslovicz because he stepped in and undertook building of RRO variant, so I can focus on other things :)

DOWNLOAD
AOSP-5.1.1
AOSP-RRO-5.1.1
GApps
SuperSU
RRO Layers app (only for RRO release!)
Since Layers app was just released to Play Store with update bug, it cannot be just updated, so delete it from the system folder and reinstall it from Play Store. It's not the ROM's fault :)

NOT WORKING/BUGS
- NFC for d320n
- Camera for f8 sub-variants
- You tell me :)

CHANGELOG
- Update to the latest AOSP changes
- Update to the latest w5 changes
- Updated to 5.1.1_r16
- Removed NFC for d320n (Until it's fixed)
- Removed LGE code for battery in kernel (Problems with charging and battery levels, I will return it when it's fixed)

- Initial release

HOW TO INSTALL:
1) Copy ROM, GApps, and SuperSU to your phone
2) Boot to TWRP
3) Wipe data, davik cache, cache, and system
5) Install the ROM zip
6) Install the Gapps zip
7) Install the SuperSU zip; It's not included in the rom.
8) Reboot

First boot will take about 10-15 minutes, please be patient!
It doesn't show "Optimizing apps", so don't be afraid, it will boot.

SOURCES
Device:
https://github.com/zlaja/android_device_lge_w5/tree/aosp
https://github.com/zlaja/android_device_lge_msm8610-common/tree/aosp
Proprietary: https://github.com/zlaja/proprietary_vendor_lge_w5/tree/lp5.1
https://github.com/zlaja/proprietary_vendor_lge_msm8610-common/tree/lp5.1
Kernel: https://github.com/zlaja/android_kernel_lge_msm8610/tree/lp5.1
Local manifest: https://github.com/zlaja/android_local_manifest/blob/aosp/local_manifest.xml
F-AOSP: https://github.com/F-AOSP/manifest/tree/lollipop-5.1

Contributors
@vm03, Alberto97, @Maslovicz (RRO variant builder)

Last edited by a moderator:
Tested and confirmed on d320n. Users of other variants, please test and report. Bugs are as usual (NFC and camera for f8).
Everything works as it should, Xposed is working, Gravitybox, etc. Please use GApps in OP.

First boot will take about 10-15 minutes, please be patient! It doesn't show "Optimizing apps" dialog, so don't be misled that it's not gonna boot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Very perfect!!!
Tested on MS323 with f2fs /data, all working!
Tested on D325 (dual sim), all working include RIL and SmartCover and SIP!!!

PS: wait for device tree and manifest ;)
PS2: gapps not installed (with errors, another gapps exist), but Play market and sync services exist
Thanks for the fast reply :)
Gapps I linked worked for me, PA GApps work also, but these are updated more often.
Device trees are based on your source, I just need to push them to github as soon as I can :)

Reactions: Shahell Salvin Deo
Upvote 0
Thanks for the fast reply :)
Gapps I linked worked for me, PA GApps work also, but these are updated more often.
Device trees are based on your source, I just need to push them to github as soon as I can :)
As i know GMS and Play Market include in build? And gapps not needed...
For me interesting changes for AOSP and manifest. ;)

Upvote 0
As i know GMS and Play Market include in build? And gapps not needed...
For me interesting changes for AOSP and manifest. ;)
Yesterday I flashed a build without gapps and there were no google apps and services included, but I flashed today's build (one which I released), and then gapps, so can't tell for sure whether there's something included by accident or not. Anyway, AOSP :)
I'm travelling now, so I will release sources in a day or two, sorry for the delay. I even barely managed to release before trip today.

Upvote 0
Lol, how did you do that, quoting me with your message? :D
Any way, I won't add anything, aside what's mentioned in OP.

d320n users:
I forgot to disable nfc service. A really quick (and dirty) way to remedy this is to go to system/app/NfcNci/NfcNci.apk and set its permissions to 000. Sorry for the inconvenience, I'll take care of that on the next release, In a week or so. Can't do it before bexause I'm on a trip.

Upvote 0
@Shahell Salvin Deo, I'm planing on releasing something on my own in the future, or maybe there will be some collaboration, who knows... :)
@LitrosNub I will, as soon as I connect to some wifi with my laptop, it's way too clunky on mobile :D one question though: did you take out sim card? Becausw from the screenies I see there's no network :O

Upvote 0
@Shahell Salvin Deo, I'm planing on releasing something on my own in the future, or maybe there will be some collaboration, who knows... :)
@LitrosNub I will, as soon as I connect to some wifi with my laptop, it's way too clunky on mobile :D one question though: did you take out sim card? Becausw from the screenies I see there's no network :O
Yea their's no SIM inserted. I took the pics before I took the SIM out of my G2. Data and Calling seems to be working fine.

BUG: Netflix video seems to not load. Stuck on 'loading' video screen.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That would be totally awesome:) @zlaja84 , And best of all Official from the start right.;)

Upvote 0
Double tap on the screen to wake the phone(D325) does not work. I apologize for the repetition, but I love this feature in our phone.;) ROM clean and fast. I noticed that not all translated into my native language. Whether implemented as a translation or will use this ROM as is?
Double tap to wake is CM feature, so no I won't add it, then this wouldn't be aosp :) yeah, some translations are missing, but it is as it is :( In future I plan to make a rom based on aosp in which I will add features that I find useful.

Reactions: yurochka2005
Upvote 0
No, but I plan on implementing layers on rom which I mentioned above.
Oh my bad bro I didn't see where you mentioned it, I have the just wonderful aggravation of really hard core ADD so my mind is always racing ..I can easily handle complicated insane multitasking which makes me a good multi musician, I can structure a whole album in my head without thinking about it...but, I can't pay attention to the simplest stuff lol yes my life can be interesting but I would love to see layers on this ROM , would be perfect for me then ..you were right about slim too ..just badass

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones