• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help D802 touch screen problem

yes...my download mode just initiates and stay forever with this
IMAG1232.jpg

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Good to hear of your success. When you look at settings > about phone, does it show your IMEI there or does it say NULL or have a bunch of zero's for that value? You could try to check with whatever carrier you use for phone service and ask if they could try a new SIM. I assume this device was working in your region previously so hopefully it will again. If a new SIM would solve it, that would be the best case. If by chance you backed up your EFS before all these problems, you could try to restore that now.

Upvote 0
Good to hear of your success. When you look at settings > about phone, does it show your IMEI there or does it say NULL or have a bunch of zero's for that value? You could try to check with whatever carrier you use for phone service and ask if they could try a new SIM. I assume this device was working in your region previously so hopefully it will again. If a new SIM would solve it, that would be the best case. If by chance you backed up your EFS before all these problems, you could try to restore that now.
Imei is ok, showing the actual one...

Mobile Network Type: Unknown
Service State: Out of service
Roaming: Not Roaming
Mobile Network State: Disconnected

*no EFS backup*

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Imei is ok, showing the actual one...

Well that's a good sign. You can try removing the SIM, turn the phone on, then put it back in. If that doesn't work. You can see about a new SIM.

Finally, I'm not sure if the D802 modem is necessary to work in your region and maybe it worked previously because you had that? Technically, Sprint is CDMA so yeah...

Upvote 0
after fresh editing .tot and usin LGUp_8974.dll i got these:eek:View attachment 96769
hex editorView attachment 96769 View attachment 96770

*** Do i edited it correctly?
************** i run WINdows 10,is it a problem?
Hi atik,
I Have struck in this position, No idea to move on tried different dll and edit the same tot file as your screen shot. My phone still have download mode / firmware update mode(no problem in that) . Any idea you can share???

Upvote 0
See how the model says 8794 in your screenshot above? That is not correct. I wonder what's causing that?

In the hexeditor screenshot...is that the first instance of the model that you're changing? So if you search for 980 that's the first instance of 980 that is found? It doesn't look quite right, usually there's more info surrounding the model and its immediately followed by s/w version.

Can you give me a screen shot how to edit exactly , i think if change one 'dot' flash tool get error..

Upvote 0
My motherboard is LS 980 and currently running s/w is D802, my problem is same as the guy had Atik, I read whole conversation I think my mistake is editing in hex editor.
Thanks in advance.

OK so you want to take your LS980 tot and hexedit the first instance of the model to read D800. As you have found, you are starting with 5 characters (LS980), and you need to end up with 4 characters (D800). So do do that, you must place a blank byte (00, also seen as a period in the viewer pane) directly after the D800 to make up for that 5th character while also not shifting any of the other bytes out of their original positions.

I must say though, I'm not sure what dll you need. There must be an 8974 for use on the LS980 but its been difficult to find in the past and its been so long since I've visited this topic, I don't remember where to point you on that.

Upvote 0
OK so you want to take your LS980 tot and hexedit the first instance of the model to read D800. As you have found, you are starting with 5 characters (LS980), and you need to end up with 4 characters (D800). So do do that, you must place a blank byte (00, also seen as a period in the viewer pane) directly after the D800 to make up for that 5th character while also not shifting any of the other bytes out of their original positions.

I must say though, I'm not sure what dll you need. There must be an 8974 for use on the LS980 but its been difficult to find in the past and its been so long since I've visited this topic, I don't remember where to point you on that.

This is my screen shots.... This is the error i get in flash tool.Pls check my hex editor if i m wrong let me know

Attachments

• screenshot4.bmp
    5 MB · Views: 114
  • screenshot5.bmp
    5 MB · Views: 112
  • screenshot6.bmp
    5 MB · Views: 130
Upvote 0
This is my screen shots.... This is the error i get in flash tool.Pls check my hex editor if i m wrong let me know

That is not correct. In the view pane on the far left, you should have another period or dot directly after the D800 instead of the blank space. A period represents a blank byte. If you still cannot get it after further tries, I can download the tot, make the edits and post a screenshot. But I will be away from my PC for the next several days due to the US holidays. It will be next week for that.

Reactions: bberryhill0
Upvote 0
That is not correct. In the view pane on the far left, you should have another period or dot directly after the D800 instead of the blank space. A period represents a blank byte. If you still cannot get it after further tries, I can download the tot, make the edits and post a screenshot. But I will be away from my PC for the next several days due to the US holidays. It will be next week for that.

Thank you bro... I will wait for your answer. Have a nice holidays.

Upvote 0
Thank you bro... I will wait for your answer. Have a nice holidays.

I was able to sneak in some last minute work. Here's what it should look like when complete. I highlighted the D800 and the . after which you can see is represented as 00 or a blank byte. Yours should look identical to that. Make sure everything to the left and right is exactly the same in that row also:

http://imgur.com/okehJ4Z

Also, it looks like we were using the same tot...LS980zvc_12. If so, it also looks like you MAY be editing a different instance of the model number than I was. Note the partitions are listed underneath the model number in a staggered fashion. Make sure you're editing the right one. Search the tot for the very first instance of "980". That should bring you to the correct location straight away.

Reactions: bberryhill0
Upvote 0
I was able to sneak in some last minute work. Here's what it should look like when complete. I highlighted the D800 and the . after which you can see is represented as 00 or a blank byte. Yours should look identical to that. Make sure everything to the left and right is exactly the same in that row also:

http://imgur.com/okehJ4Z

Also, it looks like we were using the same tot...LS980zvc_12. If so, it also looks like you MAY be editing a different instance of the model number than I was. Note the partitions are listed underneath the model number in a staggered fashion. Make sure you're editing the right one. Search the tot for the very first instance of "980". That should bring you to the correct location straight away.

Hi... I edit the tot file same as your one but the result is same. I dont know what to do.

Attachments

• screenshot7.bmp
    5 MB · Views: 130
Upvote 0
What result is the same, the tot won't save or you get an error in flash tools?

Hi... I got another LG G2 with same problem, and remove the back pannel and it was D800 so i edit the tot file the same way you explained and it was flashed the phone 94% and flash tool says Failed to download and it reebooted and struck in LG Logo. when i try to put in download mode it goes to 1st screen of download mode and goes to fastboot mode. how to solve this problem?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones