• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Daft but annoying - Weather app wont display my location on home page

The-Stig

Aug 11, 2011
OK, I appreciate that there are far greater problems in the world at the moment!

However, I used a different handset for a month, and now i have gone back to my DHD the weather app just won't display my location weather on the home screen, it defaults to london!? I can see my location when i open the app up, its number 1 spot, but as soon as i go back to my home page it shows me London.

Its annoying me now - any ideas would be appreciated!

OK, I appreciate that there are far greater problems in the world at the moment!

However, I used a different handset for a month, and now i have gone back to my DHD the weather app just won't display my location weather on the home screen, it defaults to london!? I can see my location when i open the app up, its number 1 spot, but as soon as i go back to my home page it shows me London.

Its annoying me now - any ideas would be appreciated!

Is this on the clock widget? Try removing and then re adding it, it should give you an option to choose what weather is shown, either for a fixed location or the current location.

Hope that helps! :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones