• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Daily Carry Items...

Keys wallet phone.

I have 3 guns at home.. .38 special shotgun and a 22 all in my apt..

Would like a permit to carry...

And hopefully they will allow permits to carry on my college campus one day..

Worlds an ugly place.. I want my gf to carry a gun because, you don't know if the guy wants the 20$ in your pocket or if your a female to rape you.

Also.. I don't make distinctions between "good" and "bad".

If I am ever put in a position that robbing someone is the only way to feed my kids.. Gotta do what You gotta do.. I don't care if I'm a bad person or not.

Flipside.. I really don't care if a kid loses his father because his daddy tried to mug me.

Why? because if I got shot robbing someone while trying to feed my kids I wouldn't hold it against the person who shot me.

Thank god I don't have kids yet.

Upvote 0
Keys wallet phone.

I have 3 guns at home.. .38 special shotgun and a 22 all in my apt..

Would like a permit to carry...

And hopefully they will allow permits to carry on my college campus one day..

Worlds an ugly place.. I want my gf to carry a gun because, you don't know if the guy wants the 20$ in your pocket or if your a female to rape you.

Also.. I don't make distinctions between "good" and "bad".

If I am ever put in a position that robbing someone is the only way to feed my kids.. Gotta do what You gotta do.. I don't care if I'm a bad person or not.

Flipside.. I really don't care if a kid loses his father because his daddy tried to mug me.

Why? because if I got shot robbing someone while trying to feed my kids I wouldn't hold it against the person who shot me.

Thank god I don't have kids yet.

Oh screw permits.

Upvote 0
seeing as you are in Chicago, i understand why you say that.

come to a state that understands and RESPECTS your 2nd Amendment RIGHT(by our CONSTITUTION and BILL OF RIGHTS) and you won't have many problems.

I have a LITTLE bit a leeway since I work in a family owned business, and have a business of my own. Such as when I transport money, supposedly it's legal to have an armed piece next to you. Either way in Chicago the family knows most of the local cops so im good in that dept.

On a side note, if my money wasn't tied to Chicago, I'd be in Texas right now.

Upvote 0
wow i never would have guessed this many people carry guns

I dont mean to bring up a sore subject, but the tragedy at VT would have never happened if people were allowed to carry. Its all individual opinion, but if the law allows me to and I am confident that I can do so safely, I am going to protect myself by any means necessary. I have no intentions to find out the hard way if someone is willing to kill me for what little i might have in my pockets. There was just a raping right around the corner from my place last week, and as I hopefully dont have to worry about that (being a male) it just shows the kind of scum out there and what people will do to others with no regard for anything/anone but themself

Btw, i do have to agree though, i didnt think firearms would have come up so commonly in this thread

Upvote 0
Seeing as I go to a college campus it would mean *if* someone saw it they could assume I am going to shoot the place up.

Now.. that goes back to *if* you get caught.. however, no matter how cautious, careful and vigilant you are.. accidents happen.. I am not worried about the gun itself going off.. But, no telling how I may possibly get busted.

Also as another user said.. I do not believe in proliferation of guns by every redneck on campus. However, I do believe concealed permits should be allowed on campus. I would be willing to get a permit to conceal and register it with the school if I were allowed to.

Also for what it is worth... I actually had a conversation with a friend about guns on campus.. and unfortunately I know she isn't the only one who thinks like this.

Me : I just found out there are people who support concealed guns on campus, you should show your support!

Her: I don't want guns on campus!

Me: Why not

Her: like my teacher said, I don't want someone coming to class hung-over on a monday and pissed off about failing the test they took friday, only to have access to a gun on them.. Or be withing walking distance of their car to get a gun and come back.

Me: if they are such a loose cannon they would shoot her, why not stab her with a pocket knife that 90% of people carry these days? Also your not thinking about the fact that a lot of people on campus already carry guns in their vehicles.

Her: I would just rather not think about that fact.

Me: So instead of allowing people to go through legal means and testing to get a permit to carry a gun legally onto campus and have some means of retaliation should a school shooting occur you would rather not think about the fact that guns are already possibly on campus and a school shooting could already occur?

Her: Shut up... more people with guns just means a higher chance someone will get shot I don't want to think about it, I just know that if people don't bring guns no one can get shot.

Can you spot the logical fallacy?

If no one on campus has a gun.. and someone decides to shoot up the school.. no one can do anything. If there are permits to carry then even if a few people die.. it might not be a total slaughter..

Also I am not suggesting anyone who wants a permit to carry a concealed weapon just be automatically given one.. I have no objections to requiring courses hell target practice to make sure if someone carrying a concealed weapon uses it they won't hit a civilian. However, The bottom line is there needs to be some way students can legally obtain permits to carry.

Upvote 0
Seeing as I go to a college campus it would mean *if* someone saw it they could assume I am going to shoot the place up.

Now.. that goes back to *if* you get caught.. however, no matter how cautious, careful and vigilant you are.. accidents happen.. I am not worried about the gun itself going off.. But, no telling how I may possibly get busted.

Also as another user said.. I do not believe in proliferation of guns by every redneck on campus. However, I do believe concealed permits should be allowed on campus. I would be willing to get a permit to conceal and register it with the school if I were allowed to.

Also for what it is worth... I actually had a conversation with a friend about guns on campus.. and unfortunately I know she isn't the only one who thinks like this.

Me : I just found out there are people who support concealed guns on campus, you should show your support!

Her: I don't want guns on campus!

Me: Why not

Her: like my teacher said, I don't want someone coming to class hung-over on a monday and pissed off about failing the test they took friday, only to have access to a gun on them.. Or be withing walking distance of their car to get a gun and come back.

Me: if they are such a loose cannon they would shoot her, why not stab her with a pocket knife that 90% of people carry these days? Also your not thinking about the fact that a lot of people on campus already carry guns in their vehicles.

Her: I would just rather not think about that fact.

Me: So instead of allowing people to go through legal means and testing to get a permit to carry a gun legally onto campus and have some means of retaliation should a school shooting occur you would rather not think about the fact that guns are already possibly on campus and a school shooting could already occur?

Her: Shut up... more people with guns just means a higher chance someone will get shot I don't want to think about it, I just know that if people don't bring guns no one can get shot.

If no one on campus has a gun.. and someone decides to shoot up the school.. no one can do anything. If there are permits to carry then even if a few people die.. it might not be a total slaughter..

Also I am not suggesting anyone who wants a permit to carry a concealed weapon just be automatically given one.. I have no objections to requiring courses hell target practice to make sure if someone carrying a concealed weapon uses it they won't hit a civilian. However, The bottom line is there needs to be some way students can legally obtain permits to carry.

I gotta say, this just sounds like paranoia to me.
I'm far more likely to die of heart disease or cancer than get shot in the face.
http://www.the-eggman.com/writings/death_stats.html
http://www.cdc.gov/NCHS/data/nvsr/nvsr58/nvsr58_19.pdf

Yes. You, yourself, are using a form of Special Pleading as your logical fallacy.
Special pleading - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't really know any gun owners who have or use a concealed carry weapon. The one guy I did meet, who was in the Army, is no longer allowed at my house, because the douche brought a gun into my home without telling me. Not only is it against the law (If I remember correctly), but it pissed me off.

Now, that said, I don't care if people want to own or carry guns. Just don't try to say that it's because of this one example and use special pleading to justify it. I'd be more likely to give you a pass if you said, "Because it's cool and it gives me peace of mind."

Anyway, back to the thread:

Phone (front left), Keys (rear right), Wallet (front right), Business Cards (rear left).
Sometimes my ZuneHD (front left)

Upvote 0
I carry my droid in the front left pocket, keys front right, wallet and benchmade knife rear left pocket, hk-p2000sk tucked into an IWB holster back left side hip, spare mag rear right pocket... for several years I didnt carry a spare mag until I went to renew my CCW permit and the instructer said to me "I carry a spare always. You never know, on the day that you might actually need to use that weapon you might need that spare magazine."

I grew up in some pretty rough areas, I prefer to carry it knowing what people are capable of. Granted I may not ever need to discharge my firearm in self defense based on statistics but if I arm and protect myself then should that situation ever occur I have done something to make sure I'm not added to some statistic as a victim. I've already been in one unfortunate situation where I was forced to draw my firearm in self defense, fortunately for me as I drew my firearm my attackers changed their minds rather quickly and fled...

As for the question posed about people that carry and if you go out to drink:

I bought a little miniature gun safe that uses a braided steel cable to attach the safe to the bottom of a seat in a car (similar to a bike lock), if i decide to go somewhere I shouldnt or cant carry it goes in there.

Upvote 0
To the people carrying guns and knives. What's the reason? Do you frequent drug dealer hangouts? Work in Law Enforcement? Overly Paranoid? What's the deal? Do you all live shady parts of town?

I feel completely safe when I leave my home and even if I was packing heat, there would be no way I could take a life because someone was in the unfortunate position to have to rob me of a few bucks. I might get a beating, but at least I could live with myself. In a different life, perhaps I would have been that robber who was lucky not to get killed for taking $20.

I carry because I have two wonderful children. I want to protect them and I want to be there to watch them grow up.

I also carry because the criminals that would rob me, rapists that would attack me and the psychos that would shoot up the school, mall or restaurant I happen to be in are never considerate enough to care about me or my kids. They don't care who I am, where I live or how much money I have in my pocket. They are not there to socialize, friend me on facebook or ask me about the latest Android app. They are there to hurt me or mine. That is something I will not and cannot allow to happen.

I carry my wallet, keys and phone. On work days, add a badge on a lanyard to that. And why are these thread s always strated by someone who carries a gun?

Because they bought a new gun. :D

Just an honest question for those carrying handguns, and especially those that carry them concealed: What do you do when you go out drinking?

I don't come from a country with a gun culture, but we love cars, and if we go drinking (the responsible ones amongst us) don't take our car keys, because drinking and driving is a bad idea.

But I would've thought that carry a gun drunk is an even worse idea! yet it's also probably the most likely time you're gonna get robbed I would've thought
I don't drink alcohol, so it has never been an issue, but it is legal to carry into a bar here. You just can't consume alcohol.

But surely in 99% of the situations in which you'd need a gun for self protection the police would become involved?

The intro to Law & Order has the best explanation for this.

"In the criminal justice system, the people are represented by two separate yet equally important groups: the police who investigate crime and the district attorneys who prosecute the offenders. These are their stories."
—Law & Order opening narration spoken by Steven Zirnkilton

Notice, that the description says nothing about preventing crime. The police are here to clean things up after the fact. This typically would include your body.

Upvote 0

"In the criminal justice system, the people are represented by two separate yet equally important groups: the police who investigate crime and the district attorneys who prosecute the offenders. These are their stories."

Notice, that the description says nothing about preventing crime. The police are here to clean things up after the fact. This typically would include your body.

Normally, I do not get involved in debates or arguments on such polarizing topics! If there is a disagreement, more times than not it comes to an impasse and neither party can change the mind of the other.

That said, this is something I feel very strongly about and this description is quite excellent! There is nothing any law enforcement agent can do to preemptively protect me and mine! Like it or not and no matter how much tax you pay or not, ultimately the "collective we" are responsible for our own safety and well being!

I am a law abiding citizen and I am afforded the right to protect myself and I will!

Reactions: NYCHitman1
Upvote 0

I wasn't implying with my post that the police involvement meant a gun was unnecessary. The point I was picking up on was what jcheney10 said about permits.

jcheney10 said:
A permit for a gun is like a drivers license, you only need it when you get caught. As long as you do not get caught you are ok.

Like you said, the police are there to investigate crime. So surely in any situation you had to use a gun in self defence, the police would later be involved? That means if you're carrying a gun without a permit, you're either lucky enough to never use it, or you'll use it and get found out by the police.

Upvote 0
its a magazine, not a clip.
http://www.reoiv.com/images/random/clipmag.jpg

spergtastic I know.

I wouldn't mind a p-01 or cz compact. my sp01 gets lonely sometimes. I would never carry personally but if I did I don't have the frame to carry fullsize.

Ahhh, I see the confusion.

This may not be a clip:
istockphoto_413685_gun_magazine_clip.jpg

But this is:
istockphoto_1213638_hair_clip.jpg

I break and lose them constantly.

I made it a little more clear in my post.

I wasn't implying with my post that the police involvement meant a gun was unnecessary. The point I was picking up on was what jcheney10 said about permits.

Like you said, the police are there to investigate crime. So surely in any situation you had to use a gun in self defence, the police would later be involved? That means if you're carrying a gun without a permit, you're either lucky enough to never use it, or you'll use it and get found out by the police.

Gotcha! Yes, you have a very valid point. Although, I am sure that plenty of people would rather have a weapons charge over a funeral. The classic saying is, "I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6." Either way, I prefer to carry legally just to stay on the right side of all of it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones