Damage 3.5 final is Out!!!!

Last Updated:

1. jdawg0024

jdawg0024 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just installed this ROM with no issues, also WiFi Tether for root users works... I repeat Wifi Tether for root users works.

Please be advised do not install the Facebook for Android App update as this will result in 100% awake issue. This is not a problem with the ROM but with the Facebook App. I had this issue on the Froyo 2.2 odexed ROM I had installed earlier.

1 minor issue I have noticed with this ROM is that the microphone for "speech to text" does not show up on the keyboard to fix this go to the keyboard and language settings and check the HTC_IME mod box. the open up something with a text field and touch and hold in that field. You should see a box that pops up with input method click that and select HTC_IME and all will be fixed.

Here is the Link
    DamageControl v3.5 - Froyo with all the damaged goods! - xda-developers

Advertisement
  2. tsipa

tsipa Well-Known Member

Yea, I just noticed that... I got tired of waiting so I flashed Fresh like 2 hours before the final release. I guess I'll be in for some more flashing tonight...

jdawg, does the final release have LWP?

3. jdawg0024

Yes, this is based off of the official OTA from Sprint

4. rswheaton

rswheaton Well-Known Member

So far the ROMfeels nice and smooth. The voice to text fix above works perfectly. My bench mark scores are a little low and it appears that the FPS are locked to 30. Is there a way to unlock this as they have done for the other ROMs

5. jdawg0024

I think netarchy is working on his kernel for this ROM... i think he has uploaded on XDA (3.7.8) or something. I havent put much research into but it might affect the camera.

6. tsipa

tsipa Well-Known Member

HTC hasn't released the source code for their latest kernal so I dont think there will be a fully functional custom kernal until then.