Damage back to Fresh 1.1

Last Updated:

1. sparky7474

sparky7474 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok so here are my thoughts.... I really liked damaged and fresh 2.1 roms, but I want to go back to fresh 1.1 which I REALLY l;iked a lot with Gumbo Kernal and setcpu. It was nice to look at the upcoming update, but I think I want to wait until sprint comes out with thiers and then it gets modded. So my question is can i go back to Fresh 1.1 without wiping, and only flashing. It isn't a big lost for me not to wipe, or is it madatory to wipe when going back to an older rom?

Thanks for the info in advance!

Advertisement
  2. cirehawk

cirehawk Well-Known Member

From all I have heard, you should always wipe when going from a 1.x rom to a 2.x rom, or vice versa.

3. sparky7474

OK thanks.... Just a quick fyi... I did try to flash back to fresh 1.1 without wiping... and a lot of stugff wasn't there that should of been on my home page, so it got messed, so I am in the process of wiping right now and flashing fresh 1.1 again...

4. sparky7474

*Update* Ok... so I had to wipe, and all is functioning GREAT now! God I love tinkering...

5. cirehawk

cirehawk Well-Known Member

Great. Glad you are back in business. And yes, tinkering is great.

6. ccapasso

ccapasso Well-Known Member

As a tip, here is what I often do. I'll flash a ROM and get it the way I like it, make a nandroid backup and store that on my PC. Then, when a new ROM comes out to test, I do the same thing. I install it, and make a nandroid. Then, when I'm ready to switch back, I can just nandroid back :).

7. showbo

showbo Well-Known Member

Laugh, never though of that...but I NEVER go back, only forward! ONWARD!

Oscar

8. Danokan

Danokan Well-Known Member

I stuck with Fresh 1.1, Gumbo, SetCPU.

Will stay that way UNTIL the update comes out and the devs have a chance to modify it.

9. stevedave

stevedave Well-Known Member

I am doing the same thing. No disrespect for what has been accomplished with those ROMs but i dont want a hacked together version of 2.1. I feel happy with what I have now. And I will happily switch over once we get a Hero specific version of the update.

10. Destructo21

Destructo21 Member

Remember if you go from 2.1 back to 1.5 you have to do a market fix not all copy protected apps will show, don't matter if you did a nandroid backup it still won't show up for you. It's in Google's end that screws it up. Here's the link to fix and only fix
    [RESOLVED] Market problems anyone? - xda-developers

11. DanielWalker

DanielWalker Well-Known Member

That's odd, I have never had that issue. I have wiped and tried 3 or 4 of the 2.1 ROMs going around and when I want to go back I have just restored my nandroid and viola everything works as if I never switched.