Damage Control...problem, searched the forums, PLZ help!

Last Updated:

1. Naz927

Naz927 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just flashed to the latest DC tonight, and was very satisfied with IMO the overall speed oncrease over any of the 2.1 roms ive used so far, but NO apps will dl from the market at all! All of my protected apps show up, but whenever i try to download any of those or any other app for that matter it always says download was not successful, please try again later? This is very frustrating, if somebody could please help me it would be GREATLY appreciated! Also, sorry for the typing issues, I've been at work all day.

Advertisement
  2. Naz927

Also, my Gmail, notifications, will not come up in the notification bar, i have to open up Gmail, and then refresh to get all my new emails

3. Squiggy

Squiggy Well-Known Member

Those are definitely not symptoms of a typical DamageControl install. You may want to flash again, or go full tilt and wipe/flash once more.

4. Naz927

Ok, I shall try those two things.

5. Naz927

Apps, still won't download. Could it be b/c I am coming from the Sprint RUU leak the CL 15 one?

6. Squiggy

I'm really not sure. If you're up for it, you can find out by going the "official" root and flash method. Meaning, wipe and start from scratch.

7. Naz927

I've wiped and reflashed I think two times now I have no idea what is wrong be never had this problem with any custom roms before its really pissing me off has noone else had this problem

8. zombdroid

zombdroid Well-Known Member

I came from the RUU myself and mine works fine, but I went back to 2.06 release. Try 2.06 and see is that works. Oh, did you Wipe before the install?

9. nbenn06

nbenn06 Member

Try to restart the phone

10. mich0020

mich0020 Well-Known Member

I gave up on this rom altogether....never synced my contacts properly. flashed Fresh 2.0d and everything is working. Hint...use Titanium back-up. The paid version allows you to restore all market apps (market doctor) and all other apps, as well as your desktop. Do a full backup (batch)...including system data. Flash new rom. Do the (batch) restore of all apps plus data ..and then selectively restore system data..including your desktop...voila..really easy and don't have to re-configure everything. Yay!!!

11. Naz927

Ok, so the problem is not w/DC at all, but with my Google account. My old account is corrupted or something, so I had to make an all new google account and viola, everything works fine now, but I can't get my paid apps back now!!!! Also, could someone redirect or tell me how to get rid of the bloatware sprint put on the phone in DC?

12. Squiggy

Do a search for "Fresh Kitchen" on Google. That will allow you to very easily uninstall stock apps.