• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Damage Control vs Fresh

pack13

Lurker
Jul 3, 2010
With both of these roms hitting their strides right now, I was wondering which you guys prefer? Could you possibly list advantages of each? Right now I am running the most updated Fresh and I love it (if it aint broke dont fix it) but I just want to assure myself I am not missing out on some great features of DC.

BTW I will probably be flashing to CM as soon as it goes stable anyways :)

I was really wondering this too...I just rooted about 3 days ago and my first was DC and tehn i treid Fresh....honestly didnt notice to much of a difference with either...I still have fresh for me but I've heard Cyanogen is pretty nice and Baked Snacks too...I'm still pretty noobie with all of this so I dont know exactly which one is the best or fastest

Upvote 0
Ive been on Fresh since 0.1, upgraded with each release and currently on 1.0.1. I tried DC 3.2.3 but found I liked Fresh better and went back. Im getting stellar battery life (with OC Widget too), its been very stable and no notable problems to report, all my apps and features work with no FC, and Ive removed pretty much everything I dont use. I have the phone exactly where I want it to be. Ill probably stick with Fresh from here on out but may try out a Froyo ROM once they are solid and am looking forward to a Fresh Froyo for sure.

Upvote 0
I used Fresh, Baked and currently on DC.

I find the DC was the best combo as far as being stable/battery life.

Baked had kickass battery but a bunch of quirky issues, VM wouldn't work, pictures sometimes didn't show up in gallery, goggles and barcode scanners didn't work...various issues. The Dev who does it doesn't seem to support it a lot, other people who flash the rom help more then he does...it has potential to be great but it just isn't there yet

Fresh was awesome as well, loved the extra HTC widgets he includes that won't install when I try to use them on other RoMs.

DC just feels fast, its pretty stable and battery lasts 16-20 hours with moderate use, sometimes less if I play with my phone a lot.

I may eventually try the CM froyo build but I meed all my stuff to work...hopefully someone will theme it nicely and do something about that god awful battery icon first tho =O

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones