Damage to Speaker Mesh

Last Updated:

1. OZFive

OZFive Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I know there are a few others in my boat with damaged speaker mesh. It pushes in very easily and although I was being careful I did it myself.

My fault, my bad. Is a bummer.

I contacted blue rocket from GrapiXpressions to see if they would be able to make replacement speaker mesh and he said that is

I contacted Moto via web chat and got turned down...

I understand she is low level customer service but she was trying to be helpful to the extent her position allowed. I did ask her to bump me up the chain and she has, i should be getting contacted by email soon.

Any ideas on how we can go about to another vendor, or ideas to get it replaced? Anyone else contacted Moto and had any success or other failures to get one?

Not my intention to turn this into a gripe session about the design or materials of the speaker mesh.

Advertisement
  2. PerCompLLC

PerCompLLC Well-Known Member

I don't have an answer, but I have the same problem... Please post if you are able to get the part.

3. OZFive

I just got a email from Moto asking what the issue is. I will be replying tonight and for sure let you know what response I get, good or bad. I will not let go of this till I get this replaced somehow.

4. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande? VIP Member

Just wanted to said good for you for following up and being polite in the process. The world needs more OZFive's :)

5. jasonb1985

jasonb1985 Well-Known Member

i kinda messed mine up. not to happy about it. if a solution arises i'm in.

6. schad89

schad89 Active Member

I have the same problem. Stupid ass Motorola putting a damn sticker over the speakers instead of a real grille...pretty annoying.

7. OZFive

This is my reply to Moto customer service....

I will let you know what comes of it.

8. jasonb1985

jasonb1985 Well-Known Member

i'd pay a few bucks for a fresh one. i hope they eventually allow us to purchase them, or maybe somebody needs to make their own and put it on ebay or something.

9. OZFive

Well they are quick on their response. Although not the response I was looking for....
    Not ready to give up yet though I replied.....
    The quest continues!

10. SinfulDragon

SinfulDragon Well-Known Member

You wording is priceless!!

since seeing this thread its killing me not to poke at the speaker cover to see how flimsy it really is LOL

11. aapocketz

aapocketz Active Member

I had a similar problem and got almost the same response from motorola. I took a bit of chewing gum and was able to unbend it a bit, though it still looks messed up when looking closely I don't really care. Pretty silly flaw though in an otherwise well engineered phone.

12. Jim Dawson

Jim Dawson Well-Known Member

Just curious, how does that grille become damaged?

13. aapocketz

aapocketz Active Member

There is a spot where it can get pushed in, like there is a gap behind it, you would have to push it just right though.

Not sure what happened with others, but before I got my battery cover replacement I bent mine with my finger pushing the cover back on. Not a big deal, it still makes phone calls, lol!

14. doomedromance

doomedromance Well-Known Member

Its a sticker and it's edges are stuck to the phone on all sides except the bottom middle where the speaker is and there is no ledge that it can adhere to. So it just hangs off the edge and can be pushed down.

15. OZFive

JUst a new email update from Motorola support. Do not get all excited it is not over yet. The link was not correct.

I was bummed out that it was not a working link but surprised that she did mention the product I was looking for (the bronze speaker mesh, and refered me to the store in the same instance. Could this mean they are going to start selling them as a standard replacement part through the Motorola Store?

My response...

Looks like there is some possible resolution in sight, but we will continue on with this until I run up against a brick wall.

Then it will be time to get a sledge hammer.