• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Damaged microSD card

yhperalt

Jun 25, 2010
My nexus one has given me the damaged microsd card warning twice already, with two different cards, when i try to format in the phone it does not work, I also tried to format it in the PC but it didn't work either, what should I do, Are these card dead? or is there another way to fix them. Is it the phone that is damaging the cards, I really don't want to throw away an 8gb and a 16gb card but I don't know what else to do

You know it is just unbelievable to me that NO ONE seems to have an answer to this!!! YEAR after YEAR, android comes out with new updates, Carriers output new phones every week. There are forums galore on every Android topic under the sun, and yet NOBODY has a repair app, or a technical solution to this issue of Android phones destroying micro SD cards!!! I've gone through 6 so far... Somewhere, some hardware person has GOT to know why these cards blow up! I can't tell you how many times I have scoured the internet looking for a solution to this. The only answer really boils down to 1) try running checkdisk on a computer, or just format the hell out of it. Which is not a solution that would pass muster. Is anyone ever going to come out with a reliable microSD that doesn't allow itself to be corrupted?

Upvote 0
Try to connect phone with sd card to pc via usb, don't open with autoplay, go to My Computer and then right click on phone's sd card storage, then maybe windows will show you a message, it maybe be something like this : "scan for bad sectors" or something similar, and let windows do it. When i had problem with sdcard it helped me.
It's strange that you can't even format it with pc. Are you formatting with windows formatter? If yes, then try to format with MiniTool Partition.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones