• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Damaged SD card after upgrade to 2.3.3

beorp

Lurker
Nov 23, 2012
I finally upgraded my Rogers SGS to 2.3.3 a couple of weeks ago and almost immediately after I got a message that my SD card was damaged. The SD card still functioned fine in my computer so I backed everything up, formated the card again, restored my files, and then thought I was good to go. Sure enough, it happened again a couple of days later.

Is there any chance that the upgraded firmware had something to do with this? I have searched and don't see anything about known issues with this.

Or was it a bad idea to restore everything since that could have put something corrupt back on the card? (That sounds like a real noob question, sorry)

Or is there a chance that the card really is damaged even though it works fine in devices other than my SGS? If this were the case then is the card basically garbage?

Thanks for any advice you can offer!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones