Damaged SD Card- DoubleTwistGeneral

Last Updated:

1. entelechy3

entelechy3 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey all, I've been using DoubleTwist to sync music between my Eris and my MacBook Pro without any problems for the last few weeks. The last two times I've synced, however (yesterday and today), that has changed. After syncing, I go through the usual disconnecting procedure (unmount from computer, unmount from phone, remove cord, etc)... except it tells me that my SD card is damaged, and won't read anything. So, I have to format the thing, and then re-load everything back on.

SD card has had NO other issues. I can load music (or pictures, or contacts, or anything else) onto the SD card either from Windows, or just using drag-and-drop in the Mac OS, without any 'damaged SD card' issues.

Anybody else have this problem? I've noticed it seemed to coincide with Doubletwist telling me, for the first time, that I needed to "update" purchased iTunes songs or they wouldn't play... could be a red herring, but odd that after my machine gave me that warning for the first time, my SD card needed to be wiped.

Advertisement
  2. stmartin84

stmartin84 Well-Known Member

I do not know the answer to your question, but do have a question for you since your a Mac user. Have you figured out how to tether your mac with your Eris?

3. superchaos

superchaos Well-Known Member

Try it on a different computer. For some reason, my comp refuses to write to the SD card but I can use a different comp and have no issues.

4. entelechy3

entelechy3 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Personally, I haven't been searching for tethering options too hard. However, PDANet (available in the app market) recently released an update (2.15) that apparently supports Mac USB tethering, but I don't know how well it works (plus, I believe the app available in the market is a trial--you have to pay for it after a certain period of time). If you try it, do let us know how it works.

Plus, I was under the impression that we have a 5 gig monthly limit with Verizon... I'm hesitant to start tethering, because with the amount of data I download on my laptop (between large databases/papers/map files/etc for my research and media for my own personal enjoyment), I'm pretty sure I'd blow that limit out of the water within days if I wasn't paying attention.