• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help "Damaged SD Card" on the internal card

HugMyster

Lurker
Feb 19, 2014
It seems that the "Damaged SD Card" error is a lot more frequent than I'd like to think, only the one on my system seems to be linked to my internal SD card. I upgraded my version of Android (KitKat?) but this horrid little message appeared. However, when I turned the tablet off, removed the external SD card and turned it back on again, it re-appeared. I can only think that the upgrade affected the internal card, which I cannot remove - without a screwdriver and a lot of grunt anyway!

Is it safe to format the internal card please?

All help appreciated!

If it's under warranty, I'd just briing it in. It could be a software problem, which a format might (or might not) fix - or it could bee a hardware problem - which would require parts replacement. (The "internal card" isn't a microSD card mounted internally, it's an area of the phone's storage with software to simulate a card as far as software sees it.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones