Damaged SD Card - questionsSupport

1. Medivac

Medivac New Member

Hi all, LG ally owner here.

It's a terrible phone that I will be upgrading once i'm eligible for a discount again in 2 months. I've never had a phone which didn't last me the full 2yr contract period before.

Anyways, here's what has happened. Recently I've been getting notifications telling me i'm running low on storage space. deleted all my videos, all my pics, and numerous text threads. haven't seen it for maybe a week now. fine. but today, i'm getting a "Damaged SD card" notification and it's telling me to re-format it. Here are my questions:

1) which data is stored on the SD card? I don't care about videos/pics/media, but i have some saved files in my ColorNote app which I would like to keep. And of course, I would like to keep my contacts which I'm pretty sure are not stored on the SD card, so I guess I'm really just asking about ColorNote and maybe Voxer too (messages and contacts).

2) Speaking of contacts, should I sync to Backup Assistant or Gmail? I've using Backup Assistant (Verizon) but today I went onto the Backup Assistant page on the Verizon website and it said my contacts list is empty!!! so I've decided to use Gmail from now on, but there doesn't seem to be a quick way to sync all of my contacts from my phone onto my Gmail account. WTF. So I actually spent a good 20 mins manually transferring my contacts from my phone into my Gmail account. So I guess I've already answered my question, but if anyone knows a quick way to sync from my phone to GMail, it would be greatly appreciated (for future reference). As of now, I believe the only way to do this is to import/export using a usb connection (which also does not work right now, i cannot turn on usb storage when it's hooked up to the pc for whatever reason. again. WTF.) and of course, my SC card looks like it's corrupted and besides i do not have an SD card reader for my pc.

3) Should I re-format my SD card? How else can I fix it?

Sorry for the rant, but I have never been so thoroughly disappointed and aggravated by an electronic product before.

Thanks.

Advertisement
    :
  2. dots

dots Well-Known Member

I'm not sure where colornote would store its data but i doubt its the sdcard. You could always make a local backup of your sdcard if you are able to access it via your pc. Apparently colornote offers an online backup an sync service. May wanna look into that.

Regarding contacts sync I do it through my google account. That way they are always there if i get a new device, or need access to them via my computer. To have them sync all you need to do is go into Accounts and Sync (i think its called) and choose your email. And make sure contact sync is on. You can also click the contract sync option to have it sync.

You reformat your sdcard from the sdcard and storage ( i think its called that) section in settings.