"Damaged SD Card" What do I do?

Last Updated:

1. npro1464

npro1464 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I tried hooking up my Droid to the computer for the "one click root." It didn't work out, so I tried to eject it, it wouldn't eject, so I unplugged the phone and now it says "Damaged SD Card." It asks me if I want to format the SD card and that I will lose my memory if I do, but after I push format it doesn't do anything. Anyone have any advice? Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. npro1464

Now I'm trying to hook up the phone to my comp, and the usb wont mount on my Mac. Ughh

3. No_u

No_u Well-Known Member

Put your phone off and get the SD card out, then use a microSD adapter to plug it into your PC and try to reformat it. If you don't have one you have to keep trying to connect or I'm guessing something has gone horribly wrong with it :(

4. npro1464

Well I turned it on and off, pulled out the sd cad and put it in a couple times, and now the error problem is gone, along with my pictures and apps saved on there. I guess it's no big deal, I can easily put my music back on and dl the free games. I'm just worried about it happening again. I got to connect it to my Mac successfully and it looked alright. I had a little problem ejecting it tho...

Is this error due to the root attempt? Is there anything else I should worry about the phone? Should I invest in a new SD card soon? Thanks for the response, btw..

5. No_u

No_u Well-Known Member

I don't root myself, so I can't really tell. But sometimes weird unexplainable things happen with tech, this is probably due to the root attempt but since the problem resolved itself I don't think it's that big of a deal. If you're not to worried about losing the data then just stick with the card and if it DOES happen again then get a new one ;)

Getting a 16GB on monday myself, 4GB is not enough lol