Damaged sd card.

Last Updated:

1. BLJones

BLJones Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I pulled my SD card out of the captivate with out unmounting it a land now it reads it as damaged and wants me to format it in order to use it. Any fixes without losing all my files?

Advertisement
  2. tekonus

tekonus Well-Known Member

A lot of times in this situation some of your data has become corrupted due possibly still being in use as you pulled it (even if it didn't seem like any of it was in use to you). As far as a fix, I've never found anything that works.

3. maichanca

maichanca Member

I also keep on having the problem with a damaged SD card, so far I am unable to use this card.. Could this because I bought it on ebay from China???

4. tekonus

Lemme guess... an imported 32gig card?

5. BLJones

Mines Is A Store Bought 8 gig Sandisk. It works in dumb phones that I have but not in Android phones.

6. BLJones

I plugged the dumbphone up to the computer and it found it and fixed it for me. =)

7. tekonus

Glad to hear it worked out! :D

8. rajendra82

rajendra82 Well-Known Member

Anyone with a bad SD card should first try to format it in Panasonic SD Formatter. Google it, and download it. It formats the cards to the true SD specifications that every device recognizes. Windows, Cameras, and Phones sometimes don't follow these standards, and one device wil see the card, while another will complain.

9. KeyWestMoon

KeyWestMoon New Member

hey y'all, im new. ill post an intro after this I got my droidx in jan or dec. it converted me frm.bb. but now im heartbroken. I started getting sd errors like a week.ago (lemme add I don't hav a working computer atm.) now all pics and bids r gone,about 20 bks in my kindle app hazveta b redownloaded, and bhortor or horrors, hbo go ids tlling me to insert an sd card. I kno how to reformat but didn't wanna lose my pics and bids (a moot point now.) but now I wanna know if ill lose my contacts and the profess ive made in my dictionary. pls help! is neone knows pls lmk asap. u can even email me at Xxmoonliteladyxx@yahoo.com. ty so much.