• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Damaged SD card?

radikal

Android Expert
Nov 7, 2009
WHAT?

i put this here cause i am rooted and just performed petes bugless beast v.5 and it tells me that my sd card is damaged, i have done 2 battery pulls and pulled the sd card one time and put it back, any ideas? i can mount the sd card and pull it up... help? i figure i may have to just pull the stuff off it, format it and put it back, will that fix it?

lol yea I forgot to mention that part, the thing is I usually backup my data from my sd card (nandroid files, non market apps, pics, etc) regularly anyway so I always have the most updated stuff on my comp to begin with. but yea I wipe then put everything back on and it works fine. I have had that happen to me about 3 times now

Upvote 0
I've had this problem multiple times. The SD Card is very sensitive for one reason or another. You can probably even still access the info on the card when you mount it to your computer...so if you don't have the card backed up, mount, move the entire card to your computer, unmount, format the card, remount, add all of the files back and go about your business. Highly annoying, but it works. It's not actually a damaged card, the phone just can't read what's on it.

Upvote 0
I've had this problem multiple times. The SD Card is very sensitive for one reason or another. You can probably even still access the info on the card when you mount it to your computer...so if you don't have the card backed up, mount, move the entire card to your computer, unmount, format the card, remount, add all of the files back and go about your business. Highly annoying, but it works. It's not actually a damaged card, the phone just can't read what's on it.

Same here. It happened to me twice where I had to backup everything and then reformat. I just got the "SD Card Damaged" notification on Saturday while I was flashing a few roms to test them out. I rebooted and it went away. I'm thinking that Motorola bought the SD Cards from some guy on the street...probably standing next to a guy with the fake Rolex watches :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones