Damaged SD card?

Last Updated:

1. radikal

radikal Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

WHAT?

i put this here cause i am rooted and just performed petes bugless beast v.5 and it tells me that my sd card is damaged, i have done 2 battery pulls and pulled the sd card one time and put it back, any ideas? i can mount the sd card and pull it up... help? i figure i may have to just pull the stuff off it, format it and put it back, will that fix it?

Advertisement
  2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

How about putting another ROM on there and seeing if it says the same thing...maybe the card is *not* bad...

3. radikal

i could :) guess i will test now

4. ssantan2

ssantan2 Well-Known Member

I have that issue every now and then when constantly mounting and unmounting, I just reformat and its fine

5. radikal

but yeah you backup your data i am guessing haha

6. johnlgalt

lol Yeah, I am betting he means that he backs up the data on there, formats, and then copies data back.

Interestingly enough, I have not had this problem (knock on wood / touch wood).

7. ssantan2

ssantan2 Well-Known Member

lol yea I forgot to mention that part, the thing is I usually backup my data from my sd card (nandroid files, non market apps, pics, etc) regularly anyway so I always have the most updated stuff on my comp to begin with. but yea I wipe then put everything back on and it works fine. I have had that happen to me about 3 times now

8. mtbhk44

mtbhk44 Well-Known Member

I've had this problem multiple times. The SD Card is very sensitive for one reason or another. You can probably even still access the info on the card when you mount it to your computer...so if you don't have the card backed up, mount, move the entire card to your computer, unmount, format the card, remount, add all of the files back and go about your business. Highly annoying, but it works. It's not actually a damaged card, the phone just can't read what's on it.

9. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!! VIP Member

Same here. It happened to me twice where I had to backup everything and then reformat. I just got the "SD Card Damaged" notification on Saturday while I was flashing a few roms to test them out. I rebooted and it went away. I'm thinking that Motorola bought the SD Cards from some guy on the street...probably standing next to a guy with the fake Rolex watches :D

10. johnlgalt

I want a new High Speed card, but cannot afford one - yet....

Working on fixing PCs this Spring break (started Friday) to save some money so I can :D

11. shadowdude777

shadowdude777 Well-Known Member

I'm glad I read this thread in advance. The first time I get that message, I'll know! If I didn't know I'd probably have a mini-heart-attack. ;)