• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Damageless ROM 2.0

I also noticed that some HTC widgets weren't there. I rebooted and they came back. I loaded the calendar widget on my screen then I rebooted to try and get the FB sync to work and my calendar isn't there anymore nor is it in the widgets. What gives?

go to manage application and open htc sense and clear all the data n settings then stop service then press home they will show up after

Upvote 0
go to manage application and open htc sense and clear all the data n settings then stop service then press home they will show up after
I know that's a common remedy, but it backfired on me last night. I did it and lost all my HTC widgets. Nand restored back to before losing them and they were still gone. Only thing that brought them back was a wipe and a reflash from scratch.

Upvote 0
I know that's a common remedy, but it backfired on me last night. I did it and lost all my HTC widgets. Nand restored back to before losing them and they were still gone. Only thing that brought them back was a wipe and a reflash from scratch.

really that's weird...i had to do this several times when testing the ROM and didn't have any issues

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I am trying this out. I can't get my Google account to sync my calendar and contacts list. I also found that when I go to the the App Market and try to update an app, it gets stuck in Starting Download.

EDIT: I fixed these issues by wiping and starting over.

I am disappointed that it takes up more room. I put the same programs back on it and ran out of space. I had to remove some that I didn't want to. Is there a kitchen that will work to remove some stock programs and install Teeter?

Upvote 0
I flashed back to fresh 1.1 and gumbo and I still cant get it to install.

Gave up on the app, but hopefully this can be fixed before the start of football season.. I can not (will not) go back to 1.5 after 2.1 for a couple of days now. Everything works great on this ROM except for not having the football app. Also I have a program (RRingtone) that changes the ringtone after someone calls but it keeps force closing on me dont know why.

Upvote 0
Gave up on the app, but hopefully this can be fixed before the start of football season.. I can not (will not) go back to 1.5 after 2.1 for a couple of days now. Everything works great on this ROM except for not having the football app. Also I have a program (RRingtone) that changes the ringtone after someone calls but it keeps force closing on me dont know why.

If you push the APK using adb, it will install okay. However, everytime I start the app it tells me update. I go through the process and it will again tell me to upgrade.

Upvote 0
Is this a different browser? I have tried changing settings, clearing cache, cookies......I cannot get web pages to render like I did running 1.5 They come in completely zoomed out. I uncheck Mobile Browser. I tried the maximum zoom setting. It doesn't seem to make a difference.

uncheck "open pages in overview" or something like that. it will fix that

Reactions: caseyatbt
Upvote 0
If you push the APK using adb, it will install okay. However, everytime I start the app it tells me update. I go through the process and it will again tell me to upgrade.

So you have not gotten this file to work correctly. Also I noticed that while in Astro File Manager when I click on the sprintfootball.apk and then click Launch the screen that appears next is for Sprint Nascar which says it can not connect not for Sprint Football can anyone else comfirm this behavior or is my phone just crazy...

Upvote 0
Damageless just uploaded a new version, DC 2.06

Now includes DC updater (for future small updates from Damage), market fix, bug reporter app, and a few other things

edit: and holy crap, my crappy satellite internet is downloading at 200kb/s, that's pretty damn good for me :D

Yes! Right when I finish my last ROM he comes up with an update...talk about perfect timing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones