DAMN brightness setting!Support

Last Updated:

1. nadabomber

nadabomber Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok now since 2.2 this has been pissing me off, i don't do the auto brightness cause its always to dark fro my taste so i shut that off and set it around "o" in automatic for the setting. My beef is almost every time i re-wake the phone up its at full damn brightness and when i go into the settings it is still at my setting if i touch it it quickly dims to where it is suppose to be. also i can get there by hitting the power button and re-waking it a couple times. Is anyone else having the issue and how do u resolve it. i have done a cache clear and factory reset then i also did is all again "Fabrian" way. Please let em know if this is fixable or at least if anyone else is having this issue, ty.

Advertisement
  2. nadabomber

Anyone?

3. mxsjw

mxsjw Well-Known Member

I bet you need to change your battery manager settings to custom...if it's on one of the 3 factory settings, the manual screen brightness will be overridden...I think.

4. nadabomber

its on performance, i have heard people say it doesnt get dark enough for them, but i have never heard someone say, when they have it at about 40% brightness when they wake it it goes to 100% brightness but is still at 40% in the settings

5. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

Performance? That's a good way to drain your battery. ;)

6. nadabomber

i dont really care about my battery and actually it is at 70% atm and been off charge for 20 hours lol, what i care about it why my brightness keeps goign to max when i wake the phone

7. tatterdemalian

tatterdemalian New Member

My battery manager settings are set to "custom" with the screen brightness at the lowest possible, but I still have the same problem. Also, when the brightness is max, the phone can't be charged by any means, and the battery drains a lot more rapidly than it does even when the screen brightness is set to max myself (less than 30 minutes to go from full charge to sudden shutoff). I actually have to reboot the phone before it can be charged.