Damn Bunch of Freakin' Ads & Links Tagged onto your Post

Last Updated:

1. NeoEVO

NeoEVO Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Damn - did my first post, previewed it and submitted it. Went back to the thread while logged on and the post look alright. Logged out and read some other threads then went pack to my original post and found that it was jammed with advertisement links.

:mad: Those Freaking Ads and LINKS are not the writers !!! :mad:

Advertisement
  2. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

What are you talking about?

3. NeoEVO

NeoEVO Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

While you are logged on you will NOT see the ads inserted to the first post of a thread. Log out and read and you will see the ads and links inserted between the writer's text and signature.

4. DaSchmarotzer

DaSchmarotzer Blame it on me VIP Member

I moved this to the feedback section, as it's not really an introduction. ;)

5. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Easy solution, stay logged in. :)

Rob and Trident like this.
  6. Rob

Rob I'm tellin' mommy on you! Administrator

Thanks for your feedback NeoEVO. We have a lot of ads on our normal "site" and as a reward for being a member (which is free) we remove a bunch of the ads you would normally see. The goal is to move people towards being active participants in the site.

You'll find a lot of forum communities do this and it's generally accepted practice. In fact, we hope you remain logged in more often so you don't see all those ads!

7. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

what the OP is getting at is that the ad in question is placed INSIDE the first post. this is a fairly common practice on message boards used to increase clicks, but is kind of frowned upon as the thread starter or original posters content is there too and the ad can sometimes be viewed as their content when it is not.

YOUR post is YOUR space, is the way many look at it. Of course ultimately it is not YOUR site and the owner(s) can do as they please.

Just attempting to clarify what I think NeoEVO is saying. This discussion also comes up when sites use inline ads.

8. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Very annoying, downright intrusive..

..I have two strategies when I encounter that, NeoEVO: If I am not super interested in the site, the forum, I'll just never go back again.. if I am, I'll look for a "premium" or other pay-way of getting rid of the ads and if that exists I will buy in.

9. mrqs

mrqs Well-Known Member

i didn't actually try logging out and looking, but if the ads are really placed between the post and the sig, then i agree, that's quite misleading - it'll make anyone viewing the post think it's the poster who added the ad
    a better place for those would be between the replies imo