Damn you AT&T!

Last Updated:

1. natrixgli

natrixgli Active Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, so I have had my Droid X since launch day, and save for a few minor annoyances, I have been mostly happy with it.

So today I decided to call up and pull the plug on 'ole AT&T who I've been with since 2005. I have never had problems with AT&T, but just kind of got bored with iPhones which I've been rocking since 2007.

Well AT&T was having none of that. So now they've offered to discount my plan $17/mo, add 100 extra minutes per month, and 250 extra texts per month.

With my company discount, Verizon works out to be $2 cheaper than AT&T. However with this new discount AT&T is offering, it's now $15/mo more expensive!

As much as I love the DX, that offer is very hard to pass up, especially since I have equally good service with both carriers.

Sound off here, folks: What would you do?

-n8

Advertisement
  2. mikeydooodie

mikeydooodie Well-Known Member

Honestly its only 15$ lol if it was like 50 that's a difference ... Big red is the best I'd stick with them

3. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Firstly, I'd move this post to the Lounge as it really has nothing to do with the X device, really. ;)

Having moved your thread, I'd just say do what you need to do. If money's an issue, stay with ATT. If service is an issue, stick with VZW. ;)

Have a good weekend! :)

natrixgli likes this.
  4. natrixgli

$15/mo over 2 years is $360. That's not exactly chump change. Both carriers provide good service in my area. I've found weak spots with each, but overall coverage is good.

-n8

5. caustic

caustic Well-Known Member

If both carriers work fine for you, go with AT&T. $15 a month is a nice little bonus, which adds up over time. Of course, be sure that AT&T really does work better for you.

6. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

You state "bored with iPhones," but don't state any true issues with them.

You may be the typical carrier jumper ;); the Droid X beckoned, and you responded.

I'd go with that and leave AT&T in my rear view mirror.

7. Rico college

Rico college Well-Known Member

the real question is, how much cheaper is sprint?

In my area, sprint has better reception than AT&T (4 year customer, so many drop calls), family plan was $40 less per month and the EVO 4g rocks.

8. VegasOnAcid

VegasOnAcid Well-Known Member

If your fine with ATT and want to save money I would stick it out with ATT till LTE rolls out with Verizon.

9. natrixgli

Well Sprint is $79.99/mo for a comparable plan. I do get 14% off through my employer but that's still about $68.79/mo vs. $59.99/mo with AT&T. Sprint is decent here, but their shortcomings seem on par with AT&T, plus I don't care for the Evo, it's screen lacks color depth which makes stuff look kinda cheezy on it.

-n8

10. maxnicks

maxnicks Well-Known Member

If you want to go back being an Apple fanboy, do it. Being happy with your phone and your service is all that really matters. Some people are just not cut out for the Android world. Visa-versa too. Keep in mind, you're going to be stuck with your decision for the next 2 years. $15.00 a month or $360 for two years is very affordable to me.

11. IxI Dan IxI

IxI Dan IxI Well-Known Member

Att - no unlimited data
    Att - Network is slower (IMO)

15/ a month is not that big of a deal

Iphone - same ****ing shit that never changes :(

I would run with the droid X and Verizon....

If i were you...

12. natrixgli

That's very helpful.

FYI: I have an unlimited data plan already with AT&T so I get to keep it. Same with VZ if they go tiered, I reckon.

-n8

13. IxI Dan IxI

IxI Dan IxI Well-Known Member

so......... if $15 makes the difference in night and day, then stay with att.

if you want something that isn't the iphone, then get droid X.

I have the original droid. Its fun to use, and I would the imagine the Droid X would be that much better....

14. dmodert66

dmodert66 Well-Known Member

Why not call Verizon back and explain to them what AT&T is offering and see if they will match?