Damn you steamy windows!General

1. Nabraham

Nabraham Well-Known Member

Long story short, i was at a funeral yesterday and during the meal after wards, i was letting my 6 year old niece play with my Eris. I booted up Steamy Windows for her to play with and it was quite amusing to her.

Anyway, she gave me back the phone and when i went to the home screen is saw an icon in the task bar that i thought was a system update bar. All excited that 2.1 is finally here i pull down the bar to see its a notification from steamy windows thanking me for using it.

Asshats!!

Advertisement
  2. willdogs

willdogs Well-Known Member

the 2.1 Update will be very obvious, it will look similar to what you see below

[​IMG]

That icon is an App Update notification, for installed apps only, not for system software.

When you see the BIG SYSTEM UPDATE window on your Eris, you know it is time.
  3. pavirotten

pavirotten Well-Known Member

A friend of mine introduced me to Steamy Window a couple of months ago. I find it can be a pretty good waste of time.

After the first time I "played" it, I too noticed the icon. It will come up every time you play the app.
  4. SimplyYadiraa

SimplyYadiraa New Member

Last night my phone had the similar update form like that so thinking I needed to I pressed the update button. Ever since it fully updated my phone has the same picture as that except it's not the phone icon it's an android. It's been blinking and I have no idea what to do. I took out the battery a couple of times but it still doesn't work. Any suggestions?
  5. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

Simply,

Do you have an HTC Droid Eris, or do you have another model phone?
  6. Bob Cat

Bob Cat Careful, They're sharp!! Moderator

Welcome to the forums SimplyYadiraa! As Doogald has asked, what type of phone do you have?