Darch 2.7 really choppy?

Last Updated:

1. tannerw_2010

tannerw_2010 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just flashed darch because I heard how much smoother it is than any other ROM, and for whatever reason it is really choppy. Just scrolling through screens there is a ton of lag, almost like I am running sense with 1000 widgets on. Anyone have this problem? I was using Fresh 2.3.3. before this and it was pretty smooth, I just needed that extra bit and I am disappointed so far. Can anyone point me into the right direction on getting this running right?

Advertisement
  2. Joehunni

Joehunni Well-Known Member

Darchdroid is the snappiest rom I've ever used, only time I see lag is trying to scroll through homescreens while its booting up.

3. jwpilly

jwpilly Well-Known Member

I'll give someone a big, fat thank you, if they post a link to darch 2.7. :)

4. chinkster

chinkster Well-Known Member

jwpilly likes this.
  5. ToxicToastKatz

ToxicToastKatz Well-Known Member

I can't speak for the masses, but Darch2.7 has honestly saved my phone from me throwing it against the wall.

The only issue I'm having is battery drain, however, I had it unplugged for 6 hours today and lost less battery than I have the past few days. The odd thing is, I am using the stock battery today in lieu of the Seidio 1750 battery. I'm wondering if it's the battery itself that's bad.

As far as the ROM goes, I think I just lengthened the service time I'll get out of my Hero. It ACTUALLY WORKS NOW!! :)

6. mfhathaw28

mfhathaw28 New Member

Im loving Darch, its such a solid vanilla rom. No lag or annoying issues like I had in Fresh. Going Sense-less is actually making me enjoy my phone more. It's very stable and I cant get enough of the customization of it. I'm actually flashing Cyanogen's latest 2.2 port right now to try it out, but I am for sure nandroiding back to Darch becuase for right now its the best, most stable rom out there.

7. Joehunni

Good luck, be careful when you nandroid back, some of us lost root that way then had to reflash it from scratch.

8. mfhathaw28

mfhathaw28 New Member

yup, I did mess it up, and had to reflash and such, but did not lose root, i just lost all my customization. but oh well, i like it a lot

9. WiiZYBaBY

WiiZYBaBY Member

I have been running Fresh ROM's for months and flashed Darch 2.7 a few days ago, and I don't plan on going back anytime soon. I have seen the lag if there are too many homescreens or Widgets, and at boot. Its the fastest ROM I've ever used. If you wipe everything and flash the ROM, then the Google Shits if you want them. I also installed the camera last. Also try SetCPU. I cant speak for anyone else, but overclock widget did not work on this ROM for me. I hope you get it working at full capacity.

10. aceofspades626

aceofspades626 Well-Known Member

I do get a pretty good amount of lag whenever I'm exiting an app. Increasingly so since I flashed the ROM. Not sure what's causing that.

11. dpeeps74

dpeeps74 Well-Known Member

if you are running ADW, then from what i've seen, this would be the source of the choppiness you are seeing. I read that you need to tweak adw/spare parts settings to get it running optimally. I immediately put on Launcherpro and didn't see any of that choppiness and the rom runs great for me. the only place i see any lag is when i get a call. takes quite a while for the screen to come on and show me who is calling. luckily, only one person ever calls me

12. Joehunni

Launcherpro not only performs better but is just overall cooler. 3d app drawer + Sense-like widgets = best UI short of s
    Sense itself.