• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Darchdroid 2.8 final release

I am downloading and flashing this now since I have been on 2.7 for about a week. Loving 2.7.

I remember some in the IRC mentioning that somethings werent working right when coming from a fresh install (wipe then flash) so not sure if I will have any issues coming from a previous DD ROM. Will update.

Upvote 0
is there still some known problems with the rom? i tried v2.7 before and there was lockscreen lag and also the i remember something about the camera wasn't working right? i think when i was in the camera app and i tried to go preview pictures, it was force closing on me? and also there was no zoom or something? can someone confirm about the problems and let me know if they are fixed? thanks in advance!

Upvote 0
is there still some known problems with the rom? i tried v2.7 before and there was lockscreen lag and also the i remember something about the camera wasn't working right? i think when i was in the camera app and i tried to go preview pictures, it was force closing on me? and also there was no zoom or something? can someone confirm about the problems and let me know if they are fixed? thanks in advance!

The changlog (via the link posted above) states the lockscreen lag has been fixed, which was never noticeable to me until I flashed 2.8. So bye bye lag.

The camera works fine for me, 5MP, doesnt appear to have zoom. No FCs yet running camera, youtube, gallery, FB, Talk, Voice, Maps, and messaging.

Flash it and see for yourself, best advice ever.

Upvote 0
Just flashed this morning, everything running good. Should I try jit? If so, how do I do it? Went to terminal emulator and got permission denied. Thanks :)

If you flashed this over 2.7 without wiping. then you probably wont be able to do it since Root access apps stop working. Many people have this problem, wiping and re flashing fix it.

If thats not the case, then I cant help you. Try the IRC. http://webirc.fossnet.info:9090/?channels=hero-cdma

Reactions: andygu3
Upvote 0
Looks good to me so far.

One thing I don't like, and am hoping for a fix, is that Gmail notifications don't show in my notification bar. The other is I use Dolphin, but the bar at the bottom opens the default browser.

Anyone have fixes?

Thanks!

Not sure on the Gmail not notifying, mine has been working today. I will have to ask the obvious, which rom you came from and if you Wiped? Try reflashing the ROM over itself, sometimes it may not flash right, has happened a few times since I rooted.

To change the icon, long press your dolphin browser icon and drag it over the icon where the browser is opening the old one. That will change the shortcut to Dolphin (or whatever you choose to put there)

Not sure if ADW is the same as Launcher Pro for this option but you should also be able to long press an icon on the Dock and it will pop up a menu asking for what to put there.

On a related note, Launcher Pro runs smoother than ADW, 3D gallery and other options are a plus to some, I dont use it, I just like the smoother screen swiping.

Reactions: TeamTJ
Upvote 0
Stinky,

I came from Fresh 2.3.3. I rebooted right after posting my last message, and oddly, your reply showed up just fine in my notification bar. Looks like I just needed a reboot.

Thanks for the help with Dolphin. I'd tried pressing the icon, but not the dragging...

Now, if we could just zoom the camera...

Upvote 0
if you flash this over 2.7, you may a) lose root or b) superuser permissions may stop working...if you lose root, just re-root. if superuser permissions stops working, just search xda for superuser permissions 2.2.2 and reinstall it. I have had to do both these things in 2.7, and they have worked for people in 2.8. I may have to try out the 2.8. 2.7 runs just fine for me, but there is some lockscreen lag and it takes a while for calls to show up on the screen as well. if those things are fixed, my phone would be absolutely perfect.

Upvote 0
Like Noah would say, "What's up everybody". I installed Darchdroid 2.8 last night and I'm digging my now sense-less life. I find myself looking for apps to replace the ones I was using before, and so far I like it. However, there are some issues. I'm not able to receive MMS messages and I don't get why this ROM doesn't come with visual voice mail already installed. Also, the scrolling on must menus is quite choppy.

Joehunni, I have a little question for you. Do you know how to update the PRL on this ROM?

Upvote 0
Reactions: TeamTJ
Upvote 0
Its up and running for me but i have this stupid voicemail notification that won't go away :mad:

before flashing dd v2.7 i never got the sms voicemail notification. after i flashed dd v2.7 i started getting the sms voicemail notifications and even when i switched roms and flashed back fresh 2.1.1 i STILL got the sms voicemail notifications. so i think maybe this rom does something to the voicemail system so that it will continue sending you sms notifications even after you stop using the rom. that sucks

Upvote 0
I reflashed the 2.8 rom and all seems to work as it should, but when I call voice mail it gives me Helios VM...

It seems to have the voice mail code set at *86. Probably not right, but I don't know what it should be...

Anybody know?

Morgan

If you push this apk through the adb you will have the option to clear that ghost voicemail notification! Pulled it from my own darch 2.7 backup. View attachment Phone.apk

Upvote 0
well, i thought all was well with my 2.8 after installing it over the top of 2.7, but today my phone has started restarting android (not fully rebooting). I went ahead and did a nandroid. perhaps i would see some different results with a clean flash, but i'm not willing to put forth that effort at the moment.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones