DARE to DROID

Last Updated:

1. i. austin

i. austin Active Member This Topic's Starter

True they may look alike, but I'm ready to make the leap from dumbphone to smartphone, featurephone to ANDROID. lol...i've had this phone for way too long. its time!

Advertisement
  2. mazz0310

mazz0310 Well-Known Member

Thats a pretty big jump. I couldn't stand the Dare, dunno how you lasted any amount of time with the keyboard on that thing.

3. i. austin

since June 2008, and the touchscreen went out on the 1st one i had. So i'm on #2. but there was nothing VZW had that felt like it was so much greater this year until now....

4. mazz0310

Agreeable, I've been using the storm since Nov 21 08 When it first came out and while some people would say the same I've actually been happy with the phone. It's not as bad as complainers say, but I still can't wait to get rid of it.

Anyway having a smart phone is great, and I'm hoping Android will make it even better

5. CombatChuck103

CombatChuck103 Well-Known Member

I had the Glyde, and after 4-5 returns, they dropped the Dare in my lap. I've never liked the typing on it. It kind of killed soft keyboards for me, but I figure the DROID can renew my faith. It's gonna be a huge jump, but completely worth it.

6. mazz0310

That's funny that's exactly what I did. I had the Glyde and the touchscreen was crap so I called and complained and after 3 returns they offered me a new phone and I requested the Dare. They tried to extend my NE2 but I complained and changed it back to what it was.

But the Virtual Keyboard on the Dare was crap. I couldn't type on it.

7. i. austin

funny u say that. i had the glyde first and then the dare came out right behind it. it was within my 30 day return period. i hated the fact that the screen was so small, and the dares cam was SUPPOSEDLY much better with more mp.

8. jolenemae21

jolenemae21 Well-Known Member

i too have the dare... cant wait to stick it in the spare drawer on friday... i have had such a hard time typing with it... i hate that you have to hit ok after you text then send again... there are times when i look and a message that i meant to send hours ago is still there on my screen... the landscape keyboard i never use and truely miss a hardware keybord!!

BRING ON THE DROID!

9. CombatChuck103

CombatChuck103 Well-Known Member

I hated the Glyde, but at least I could type on it. The Dare was more reliable (I say was cause the only things that work right now are the call/end buttons) but the virtual keyboard is total crap. That and I don't like LG interfaces (on feature-phones at least) Hello-Moto

10. i. austin

so funny...i thought i was alone with it LOL

11. randel77

randel77 Well-Known Member

my girlfriend is going from the dare to the droid on the 6th. She doesn't have MS outlook. does anyone know an easy way to get here contacts on the droid? she has gone through a few phones and Verizon always switches her contacts over for her but with this phone I don't think they will be able to.

12. JSchroeder80

JSchroeder80 Member

I hate my Dare so much. Mine unlocks itself and starts making calls even in a leather case. Also the keyboard sucks. I plan to bring the sledgehammer on it Friday nite (maybe video tape that with my Droid!)

13. ejl2010

ejl2010 Well-Known Member

14. dmodert66

dmodert66 Well-Known Member

I am coming from a Samsung Alias...Top that! :eek:

15. i. austin

wow..welcome to touchscreen world!

16. xvenom89

xvenom89 Well-Known Member

Lol that's ironic- you're describing my situation dead on! And I'm also switching from the LG Dare to the Motorola Droid :)

17. randel77

randel77 Well-Known Member

Thanks!!:D

18. TogaLive

TogaLive Well-Known Member

HAHA I've been stuck in with this P.O.S VX9400 for what, 3 years now? Its time for a revolution on friday! (I mean the thing doesnt even have a name)

19. i. austin

really? you gotta keep me posted on your droid observations, especially since we'll be coming from the same situation

20. mattparmely

mattparmely Well-Known Member

I have the dare too.. it was my 1st touch screen phone & first phone from verizon. I guess I got used to the typing but it still messes up all the time! SO whatever, I'll probably be blown away by the droid. I have been like obsessed with this phone ever since I heard about, im sure like much of you, we're on a cell phone forum! haha. Im just sooo excited to get this thing. I have been bookmarking thigns all week to get apps and such ready

21. silenceforus

silenceforus Active Member

My dares warranty ended on the 4th, so the 1st I went into verizon and told them mine was ****ed (which it was... its is a horrible phone) and they sent me a brand new one. It arrived yesterday, and I posted it on c-list for $140. It sold within an hour =) Now the droid will only cost $60!!! Now I just have to deal with this horrible horrible phone I'm using right now until I pick up my droid tomorrow =D

Good times.

22. 3devious

3devious Well-Known Member

As the owner of the only properly working Dare in the world, I am going to hang onto it until the Ne2 is up in 02/2010. I do like the Droid alot... I had the Glyde and that worked OK, the touchscreen trained me and it worked fine.
    I gave that to my husband and it gives him nothing but trouble. Maybe I will get him a Droid. Let me know if any of you like the Droid's keyboard better than the Glyde's. Typing on my Dare is acceptible for me, I just wish it had apps and a better browser.

23. androidnewby

androidnewby Active Member

I am coming from the LG Venus...on my 3rd one...my husband is on his 5th...we will be so happy to finally be done with LG, I have yet to have a phone that actually WORKED...I am excited to have a REAL touchscreen

24. Fadelight

Fadelight Well-Known Member

I'm making the exact same move... I have the LG Dare now, and the droid tomorrow morning.

Unlike what seems to be common, though... I have had amazing luck with my dare. My touchscreen has always been very responsive, and the phone has held up outstandingly. I'm actually moving the dare over to another line when I get the Droid tomorrow.

25. i. austin

Well after all the hype, just thought i'd note that i'm extremely satisfied. Had some issues but who doesnt with a new gadget. Feels like I stepped out of the 90s into the 2010s lol