• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
my girlfriend is going from the dare to the droid on the 6th. She doesn't have MS outlook. does anyone know an easy way to get here contacts on the droid? she has gone through a few phones and Verizon always switches her contacts over for her but with this phone I don't think they will be able to.

What I did was prior to buying the phone I setup a gmail acct for the droid. Then I exported my contacts to a csv file and then imported them into my newly created gmail acct. Most email clients support export to csv. Oh and the reason I setup a new acct for the droid is the first gmail acct setup on the droid can not be removed without doing a full wipe of the phone.

Upvote 0
^I'm trying to get more for mine lol! My Droid should be here in...9 hours or so. The Dare isn't THAT BAD. I actually hated it too, until I read all the complaints. Now I feel like sticking up for my phone. :) The second line had a glyde and exchanged the next day for the Dare. (I agree, the glyde was trash.) I do hate texting on the Dare, and I became sick of all touch screen. I was thinking of going to a blackberry... until I saw the Droid. Although I would have been able to speed text on the voyager... it was nice to have a small phone with a more screen.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones