1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Dark Knight vs Dark Knight Rises

1. thicks56

thicks56 Well-Known Member

This conversation came up at the weekend between me and my brother in law,
    Were talking which is the better film overall,

He recons Dark Knight is better,
    After seeing Rises last night i have to disagree with him i recon the new film is the best overall.

Can even add Batman begins into the mix if anyone thinks thats the best of the 3

Advertisement
  2. mrsbelpit

mrsbelpit Well-Known Member

Definitely the Dark Knight Rises. The Dark Knight was great, but I felt like the second half wasn't as good as the first half, while Rises was consistently great throughout.
  3. Italo

Italo Well-Known Member

I just saw TDKR yesterday, and loved it. However, I still think TDK is the better film. TDK felt more focused and cohesive; especially the second half. Story wise, TDK hits a bit harder as well because it's so devastating personally for Bruce Wayne, and ends with him basically giving up. While TDKR has plenty of great action set pieces, it doesn't come close to topping the armored truck sequence from TDK.

I still can't decide whether the Joker or Bane was the better villain, though. Ledger and Hardy both delivered excellent performances. The Joker was manic, psychotic, and didn't have any clear motives. Bane was just plain intimidating.
  4. thicks56

I think that joker was the better performance as a bad guy,
    Dont get me wrong hardy's Bane was a brilliant performance but heath's joker was absolutely outstanding.

that was part of the reason i prefer TDKR I prefered the way it focuses more on batman were as TDK seemed to be completely focused on the joker to the point were bales brilliant performance as wayne/batman was almost a little overshadowed.

both absolutely amazing films but i think Rises is just a bit better for me.
  5. braycraig7

braycraig7 New Member

Of-course The Dark Knight Rises awesome rather than previous part.New technique and latest technology got take it on top of height.
  6. davoid

davoid Well-Known Member

Batman Begins. He calls bats as backup
  7. 05Istanbul

05Istanbul Member

The Dark Knight, hands down.
  8. thicks56

I must admit that is one of my fav bits of all three films and its a dam shame he didnt use it again or something similar :)
  9. Orion

Orion Well-Known Member

I have to watch The Dark Knight Rises again. By then I can probably choose which one is better. Its hard to make the call. I might lean towards TDK....that's one of my personal favorite movies ever.
  10. koomix

koomix New Member

No question, The Dark Knight!
  11. See we cannot Compare one with each other as each movie got its own story line and according to each and every series has all the Highlights in It, Ya may be in Rises the Cat-women stayed as a center of Attraction :p but even tough i think all the parts would have got there own Credits.
  12. Wattsy

Wattsy Well-Known Member

I think the Dark Knight Rises is as Epic as cinema gets. Each film in this trilogy just got better as they went on.
    Plus a good mention for Heath Ledger (rip) as the Joker but Micheal Caine was brilliant in all 3 especially in DKR!