inssane Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
    nader2013 and xmr405o like this.
  2. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My bad everyone.
    It's a THEME not a ROM and:

REQUIREMENTS:
    DE Beta requires your phone to be running a FRF84b stock deodexed system rom.
    Some additional features may require certain additional connection tools such as ADB or access to a PC.
    Not all ROMs are compatible. Please check what you are running on your phone before applying DarkEdge.

Meh, forget it for me. I am not wiping, loading stock deodexed, then applying the theme.
    IDK

It's really nice though so enjoy!
    Mods: Feel free to relocate.

3. ssantan2

ssantan2 Well-Known Member

Theme loooks sooooo nice. To bad it is not out for CM6. I wont be changing my rom just for a theme :(

4. gonzoguy24

gonzoguy24 Well-Known Member

I will be hoppin on over to this soon enough :) awesome awesome awesome

5. xmr405o

xmr405o Well-Known Member

I like how the clock's font on the notification bar is bigger than stock. I'll try this out. Thanks!

6. gotwillk

gotwillk Well-Known Member

damn i would try this out but i don't wanna load stock. wish there was a way to just apply this over BB04.

7. Bunsen Honeydew

Bunsen Honeydew Well-Known Member

I was able to load it over the new deodexed stock rom. It looks sweet and runs well.

8. Papadroid

Papadroid VIP Member VIP Member

I believe that I read on another forum from someone running BB04 and installing this theme that it was successful. I believe that Pete's Roms are pretty close to stock other than his scripts. Do a nand backup first just in case.

9. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

Two questions..

Is there an FRG01 deodexed ROM available yet? I'm running Pete's leak right now but it's still odexed.

If so, has anyone tried this theme over a deodexed FRG01 ROM?

10. datv

datv Member

it works fine with BB, with the one exception of BOB and WOW issues. I'll reinstall after that part gets fixed. Looks great though.

11. Papadroid

Papadroid VIP Member VIP Member

You can get the deodexed from here. I'm not sure if this theme works with it or not but I can't imagine why it wouldn't. You could always just do a nandbackup and try.

vincentp likes this.
  12. Bunsen Honeydew

This is what I did.

vincentp likes this.
  13. wadsface

wadsface Well-Known Member

What are BoB and WoW, I have been trying to make sense of the acronyms as I had never heard them before, but I cannot...

14. ska.t73

ska.t73 Well-Known Member

Not sure what BoB is but I have a Gnome and a Blood Elf Warlock in WoW...

:p

15. datv

datv Member

black on black and white on white so its hard/impossible to read some text

wadsface likes this.
  16. ska.t73

Still? I would have thought they fixed that by now... That has been an issue since the first release of this back on 2.1...

17. vincentp

Well nuts to me. About to go do that. Thanks for the help.

18. wadsface

wadsface Well-Known Member

Whilst trying to figure out the acronym all i could think about was a WoW character named BoB... I guessed that wasnt it.

19. vincentp

Having a bit of an issue here. Let me know if any of you have a solution or idea.

I installed the deodexed FRG01 ROM. Tried to install the theme multiple times, but it just skips out of the install instantly and doesn't work. The phone boots fine, but there's no theme. Does this not work with Clockwork Recovery or something? I did re-download it because I thought maybe there was corruption, but it doesn't seem to want to install at all.

20. Bunsen Honeydew

It is a metamorph theme, not an update.zip type theme. Read the instructions that are on the page linked in the OP. This theme installs a little different than most other themes.

BTW, I tried it 2 or 3 times as you have before I went back and read the instructions. Must be a guy thing.

21. vincentp

I accept my blonde moment with much shame.

22. BucYouUp68

BucYouUp68 Well-Known Member

lolololololololololololololololl!!!!!!!!

23. Bunsen Honeydew

Happens to the best of us. I tried a few times before I took a look at it in astro.

24. Koveleski

Koveleski New Member

To create a lot of the DarkEdge look, a good amount of the color system in framework in inverted. So what happens is that when an app on the market has text, it can color it in one of two ways.

The first option is declare the colors within the apk itself and have a private store of color codes that are independant of whatever the system may be set to. The second option is to call to a resource ID in framework, for example 'android:attr/textColorPrimary:', and to use that. The app is then created to use whatever the system is set up as.

By editing Android the way DarkEdge is, its altering resources that developers would not expect to be changed. This is why you get apps that will end up with BoB (black on black) or WoW (white on white) issues that we can't control. It is unfortunate that this occurs and even more so that it causes people to abandon DE as a result.

As far as a solution goes, we are working on a new utility that hypothetically should be able to pull the apk off your phone, go in and modify any xmls that might be problematic, spit the apk back out and place it back onto your phone -- correcting any hard to read areas. At this point, it will require a PC but I'm sure you'll see an underground market of non-paid apk trading for those unable to use the tool on a PC. The utility is still under development and there's no way to guarantee 100% coverage and success.

Sorry for writing a mini-novel and hijacking the thread, I just thought some information on the situation was warranted.

Bunsen Honeydew and ska.t73 like this.
  25. ska.t73

No need to appologize at all. That was a great explanation! I really do love DarkEdge but unfortunatly the BoB and WoW got too much. However I will gladly go back when that is fixed and it sounds like you guys are working hard on that. I apriciate all of the hard work that you guys have done on this one, it really is my favorite "theme" that I've used.

I look forward to being able to use it again in the future :)