• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Darkslide 4.2 Theme and Black Market Question

darkcyber

Android Expert
Nov 12, 2009
North Alabama
I have seen several themes for Apex, but have not run across a selection for DarkSlide 4.2. Can someone direct me to any, if there are any? I really like the default one that comes in DarkSlide, but wanted to see if there was anything else out there as well.

Also, looking under the DarkSlide ROM link I see a file called Updated Black Market (2.2.11) Download. I know, this is a dumb question, but what is Black Market?

I think there is a Tron theme that works on Darkslide but I dont think you should use any theme. As Darkslide is heavily themed already it is optimized to run that way and installing a theme could cause issues.

The black market is the App market themed to be black like the rest of Darkslide instead of the normal green. The 2.2.11 is the latest market update.

Reactions: darkcyber
Upvote 0
I think there is a Tron theme that works on Darkslide but I dont think you should use any theme. As Darkslide is heavily themed already it is optimized to run that way and installing a theme could cause issues.

The black market is the App market themed to be black like the rest of Darkslide instead of the normal green. The 2.2.11 is the latest market update.

Ahhh, Ok! Makes sense. I knew DarkSlide already looks really cool and I had not seen any themes like Apex has.

Black Market sound cool. Will have to install that and check it out.

Upvote 0
This is what the black market looks like in case you haven't seen it yet.

Attachments

• market1.jpg
    market1.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 88
Upvote 0
darkslide doesnt need a theme, its basically one of the most detailed roms we have.

i tried changing the battery, cause im not a fan of the rpm look, and there are more animations for this battery than you think, i think about 8 charging animations total, not 100% sure cause its been a while since i tried, but im hoping we can get the swype theme from darkslide on liberty, or if someone has already done it, can you please post a link ^_^

Upvote 0
This is what the black market looks like in case you haven't seen it yet.

Yes, now that I see that pic, I do remember seeing that somewhere before. If I install Black Market and decide to switch back to the regular one, is there a way to switch or will I have to uninstall Black Market to go back?

And yes, the theme looks good already on DarkSlide. Only thing, I would like to have a different battery meter like you said. I was using the Circle Battery Meter in Apex and liked it, but don't know if there is one for DarkSlide. Is there a website or a thread with all the extras that can be used in DarkSlide?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones