1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Darky's Rom V7

1. jopet216

jopet216 Active Member

Anybody out there tried it. I just rooted my phone and wondering which custom rom to flash. And I'm still pretty much a noob when it comes to this type of stuff.

Advertisement
  2. peachpuff

peachpuff Well-Known Member

Its a very nicely packaged rom, plus its based on the latest jpy build, can't go wrong.
    sabesh likes this.
  3. sabesh

sabesh Well-Known Member

Thx, I'll give it a go.
    JEF81 likes this.
  4. sabesh

sabesh Well-Known Member

5. RonH54

RonH54 Well-Known Member

Darky's 6..0.3 was the 1st ROM I flashed and I went to 7.0.1 this morning. I can't see me trying any other ROMs I love how this one works and not seen too many bugs. Also he updates quickly when bugs are found.
  6. Jack45

Jack45 Well-Known Member

The phrase: No Wipe! Ever!

Does that mean what I think it means? If you have flavor x, y, or z of any ROM you simply flash over what you've got?

>>> I love how this one works and not seen too many bugs.

Bug(s) you've experienced?
  7. reinbeau

reinbeau Klaatu barada nikto VIP Member

I think it means no wipe between versions of the same ROM. I wouldn't flash Darky over Assonance, for example. That's just a problem waiting to happen.
    jopet216 and Jack45 like this.
  8. chicknlil

chicknlil Well-Known Member

I flashed 7.01 last night and am really enjoying it thus far. Seems very smooth, doesn't seem to use a ton of battery, and I like the little ginger-extras thrown in.
    jopet216 likes this.
  9. jopet216

jopet216 Active Member

I wouldn't flash Darky over Assonance, for example. That's just a problem waiting to happen.

What do you mean by "a problem waiting to happen?" I'm going between Assonance and Darky.
  10. chicknlil

I'd presume he means that you should flash back to stock before flashing to Darky. That's what I did, and that's the generally recommended path. Backup (Nandroid + TiBu), flash back to stock, root and add clockwork, then flash Darky.
  11. sabesh

sabesh Well-Known Member

I flashed Darky's port 7.0.1 over Axura 2.5.1 with no problems.
  12. Jack45

Jack45 Well-Known Member

I thought that the Darky 7.0.1 developer came up with a way to automagically work no matter what preceded it (wishful thinking). That said, all that I've read has indicated that always beginning with a clean slate tends to ward off problems waiting in the wings.
  13. reinbeau

That's precisely what she means ;)

I'm sure the Darky developer has come up with what might be a 'no wipe' ROM, but from all I've read over on XDA, 99.999%(*) of the problems for flashers happen when they get sloppy and start flashing over other ROMs without taking the proper precautions. Until the 'no flash' thing is a proven fact, I'll do it the old fashioned way - when I do it next week.

(*)FYI - that's my own exaggerated statistic.
  14. chicknlil

Sorry, I tend to presume that I'm one of the only females here. My bad!
  15. viny2cool

viny2cool Well-Known Member

I flashed darky's after assonance...I asked the wipe question in the forum and i got the answer as well...

its not just darky's but even u can flash new version of any rom (even assonance)...but if u r swtiching to new rom then u have to flash to stock...
  16. Tennis

Tennis Well-Known Member

How does this compare to Cognition?

Pros and Cons?

GPS?

Battery?

Themes/UI?

Etc.

Thanks for the help.
  17. peachpuff

peachpuff Well-Known Member

Cognition is based on an old beta build of froyo while darky is on the final build of froyo, that's reason enough to switch.
  18. reinbeau

Check out this thread over on XDA regarding 'no wipe' being exactly what I thought. Do yourselves a favor and wipe, it's 15 minutes of your time you won't regret spending, from what I've been reading.
  19. RonH54

RonH54 Well-Known Member

I have learned the hard way to always Wipe Data/Cache when Flashing it eliminates a lot of possible problems.
  20. jopet216

jopet216 Active Member

I popped my flashing cherry and flashed Darky's rom. And I like it!! Only little quirk is that the home button doesn't seem to work. Like it doesn't bring me back to the home screen when pressed. Anything I need to do to fix this or is this a rom issue??
  21. RonH54

RonH54 Well-Known Member

Check the Preferences and Behavior Settings. I think it a LauncherPro thing.
  22. tigresuaz

tigresuaz Member

i have tried flashing the rom but am having troubles.
    1. installed rom manager like it said and have not been able to install rom. it goes straight into android recovery system and when i click on reinstall packages it doesnt recognize the file i have in there.

am i doing anything wrong here?
  23. RonH54

RonH54 Well-Known Member

Are you at Stock?
  24. tigresuaz

tigresuaz Member

25. tigresuaz

tigresuaz Member

i renamed file to say update, but it goes to e: signature verification failed.
    installation aborted