• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Darky's Rom V7

No i have 2.3

how can u have 2.3?

also dont use rom manager to flash anything...use it to flash recovery mode...first option in the app

Go to removery mode using volume buttons and power buttons

reinstall packges...will take u into recovery mode....then install zip from sd card...then choose zip from sd card...

and u r done...

if u have any problem....flash to stock using Odin...

Upvote 0
how can u have 2.3?

also dont use rom manager to flash anything...use it to flash recovery mode...first option in the app

Go to removery mode using volume buttons and power buttons

reinstall packges...will take u into recovery mode....then install zip from sd card...then choose zip from sd card...

and u r done...

if u have any problem....flash to stock using Odin...

youre right im sorry 2.2 yea i did all of that and it still goes into
E: failed to verify whole file signature
E: signature verification failed
Installation aborted

Upvote 0
Well, sort of. Cognition is from a 2.2 beta *for the Captivate*. Darky is on the current 2.2.1 for the i9000. Cog base is definitely older, but there are also advantages to running native code.

Beat me to it. :)

There is, as of yet, no final official Android 2.2 for the Captivate. It will be interesting to see what the ROM developers can come up with once they have that code in their hands, considering the Captivate's hardware differs in several way from the other Galaxy S models, which is the root of many problems and challenges with custom ROMs.

The 2.3 ROMs will have the same challenges the 2.2 ROMs are having now, even after an official 2.2 release, but perhaps they can use pieces from the official 2.2 to make development of the 2.3 easier and more-compatible with the Captivate.

Upvote 0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsafJ-9uRqk

So I used this rom flashing tutorial from this guy flashing cognition. Everything is the same way except for the rom. hope this helps. its time consuming but step by step and you'll be amazed at how easy it is! Be sure to look at all 3 episodes.

That guy has amazing Videos that has step by step details. I too used his Video to place Darky's ROM on my phone.

Upvote 0
I have Flashed 7.5 over 7.01 and my Home button works and I have no problems with speakers and Headphones. The only problem I had was that couldn't mount my External SD card. I had to edit a file on the Phone to make it see Ext. Card but it now works. I also Flashed a different Modem and GPS fix which has really help my GPS Locks.

Upvote 0
7.6 is out and 7.7 in progress....

I am sure 7.7 will be killer rom...as dev has asked the users ti give thier suggestions and advices...look out for 7.7

for people having problems use wipe...that shud help..other wise this rom is not for ur phone :p

Really looking forward to 7.7. I am on 7.5 and love it not going to Flash 7.6 just wait.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones