Dash mount for Galaxy - found a good one.Tips

Last Updated:

1. weasel

weasel Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

iPad, iPhone & iPod Accessories Mounts snapFIT - Window and Vent mount for iPod and iPhone

I know it says its for an iPhone, but it is adjustable and holds really well. Those side pieces don't squeeze and click together like some of the really cheap mounts. Instead you slide one side up and slide it into another slot. The most important thing is that it does NOT press any of the side buttons. Comes with windshield suction cup and vent clips. I have it on the dash suctioned to a disk that came with my GPS.

Advertisement
  2. bresslau

bresslau Well-Known Member

I have a similar one, but with side pieces that are padded and which squeeze the phone, holding it very securely. To avoid the rubber pads pressing any buttons, I just carved a few holes in the rubber, works perfectly. Keep in mind to make the holes a bit larger than the buttons themselves, to give a bit of leeway.
    The problem in my setup and, from the pictures, this setup too, is that the suction cup mechanism is quite fragile and not very stable.
    My 2 cents.
    Cheers!

3. weasel

I have the neck bent in such a way so that the bottom of the mount is touching my dash. Takes the weight of the phone off the suction cup and is vibration free.

4. bresslau

bresslau Well-Known Member

Great minds think alike :) I've done the same thing...
    That is good advice, btw.

5. Xenon

Xenon Well-Known Member

My mount falls off from the windshield often. Is there a proper way to clean
    or lubricate the rubber part so it sticks to the glass better?

6. weasel

Clean the suction cup with just plain soap and water. Clean the windshield with a good glass cleaner with amonia. Any dust/dirt will make a poor seal. Windshield mounts often fall off anyway if there is a change in temperature. Change in temperature changes the pressure between the glass and the suction cup.

7. max_mctn

max_mctn Member

Found an amazing one at The Source, brand is NexxTech: $19.95

8. weasel

Really ... that's where I got the one I found. Oh well, I think I paid the same.

9. max_mctn

max_mctn Member

I also go a USB cord, attaches to the wall charger for $9.95, it was a clearance. They ordered me a battery, $19.95, should be in next Friday.