Dashboard Disc That Came W/ CarmountAccessories

Last Updated:

1. masked

masked Member This Topic's Starter

Aug 4, 2010
    you guys know that carmount disc that came with the car mount package? you put it on your dashboard and attach the suction cup to this. is it safe to leave it on my dashboard? i dont want a robber to see it and break my window in thinking there is a gps in my car

2. owen sixteen

owen sixteen Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    I never thought about the disc being an issue. I know they might see the dock itself and break your window looking for a gps. If you keep removing the disc from the dash, won't the 2 sided tape lose it's ability to hold the mount securely? Get a suction cup dashboard bobble head and put that on the disc when you're not using the car mount.
  3. ashykat

ashykat Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2009
    I actually had a worse problem with my disc. I used the alcohol swab on my dashboard, let it dry, then stuck the disc on. I let it "cure" for 24 hours before using it. One morning when I came out I noticed my dock was on the floorboard. I thought, "WTH?" and looked at it. The disc was still attached to the suction cup, but had come off the adhesive. Yes, the adhesive was still on the dashboard, but the disc seemed to have slid off. I reattached it and it stuck just fine. I used it all day. The next morning I came out, and the same thing had happened! Now I just have it attached to my windshield and have had no problems. Thank god it didn't fall off when my DX was in it.
  4. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2010
    i live in florida where the sun is merciless and on my G8 there is a spot off of the dash that allows me to place the Disk perfectly but in the sun it still comes undone and its still on a flat smooth surface. i dont think there is an adhesive other than crazy glue thats gonna hold the mount in place so i just flip the tab and lay it on the floor anytime i get out of my car.