Dashes in Telephone NumberSupport

Last Updated:

1. Calkacky

Calkacky Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there a way to make my phone add the dashes that normally show up when you put in a phone number. I just get a list of numbers with no dashes or no spaces and it is very hard to tell if I mistyped the number.

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. joetarin

joetarin Well-Known Member

i doubt there would be an option for this. The logic would be too difficult as not all numbers have the dashes in the same spot (i.e. international numbers)

3. mj_b90

mj_b90 Well-Known Member

It's a feature that's pretty common even in old dumb phones, so I'm positive that's not an issue :p

There are lots of other dialer apps in the market but I've never tried one myself. One might have this already.

4. joey3002

joey3002 Guest

please post if you make any progress with this..

thanks

5. hallstevenson

hallstevenson Well-Known Member

Often times, the "old dumb phones" were unique to a region, i.e. North America, where the assumption of the phone number format was known. Android phones aren't region-specific so the same assumptions can't be made.

6. odaxium

odaxium Well-Known Member

It's really not that hard to add the dashes

[edit] i should rephrase that. it shouldn't be that hard to add the dashes, i haven't found an option to add them

7. rickyroma

rickyroma Member

I'm looking for a way to get rid of the dashes.

8. hallstevenson

hallstevenson Well-Known Member

Presuming you use Google Contacts, export your contact list to CSV. Open the spreadsheet and tell the spreadsheet to replace "-" with "" in that column only. Save and import back into Google Contacts.

9. Kaessa

Kaessa Well-Known Member

Try "Contacts Clean-up" from the market. Make ALL of your numbers in your contact list the same (add or remove dashes or dots).

10. dinym

dinym Member

If you want to have NO dashes, select : Settings > Language and keyboard > Select Language > English (United Kingdom) or English (Philippines). To ADD dashes to phone number format : English (United States).

11. vecon

vecon New Member

Thanks so much, this is something you never thought that can remove the dash. Other people are using ATT version Galaxy Note in the States don't have dashes in their phone number. This is so unbelievable and I am glad I found your post. Thanks so much!

But I am still having problem sending MMS from my Galaxy Note (unlocked) using tmobile SIM card. No problem with sms.