Data Call Failure Error 67, I don't need hotspot!Support

Last Updated:

1. meshell213

meshell213 Member This Topic's Starter

I returned my perfect working non-defective EVO last week because my friend has a better deal for the monthly cost. So I joined his family plan and returned mine.

Unfortunately, my new EVO are having some problems. My new one has mild light leakage below the menu button. The volume control button is a bit loose, it

Advertisement
  2. peepeesea

peepeesea Member

did you try rebooting the phone?

did you try unchecking the hotspot setting?

3. meshell213

yes... I tried to reboot it, and uncheck the hotspot function. But the error message just comes back randomly...

4. peepeesea

peepeesea Member

strange... try rechecking and un-checking it. if rebooting does fix it you may need to do a hard reset.

5. meshell213

Rebooting mean turning it off and on rite?
    As the matter of fact, I just turn it off and on because I was trying to do the charging trick for my battery. And all of a sudden, the "Data Call Failure Error 67" message just pop up again, and I lost my 3G connection this time after dismiss two instances of this pop up. I tried to turn the phone off and on again, the 3G would't conenct and I uncheck the mobile network and recheck it, and it works for now....

Should I check and recheck the hotspot function? I'm afraid this will bring up more error msg :(

6. Lindseybp

Lindseybp Well-Known Member

ok, now I'm getting this Error 67 and I didn't even touch anything with the wireless hotspot. what the crap is this error?

7. peepeesea

peepeesea Member

power off by holding the power button until the screen pops up with the options than selecting Power off. turn it back on by holding the power button until it turns on.

you are getting that error because you have no 3G connection. verify that your 3G is enabled. on the top bar to left of the time do you see the 3G icon?

8. drksilenc

drksilenc Well-Known Member

could be a data fail in your area. try an update of your prl

9. Alto101

Alto101 Member

I am getting the same error, I have rebooted the phone 5 times so far. It will be fine for several minutes, then give me this error. Any ideas?

10. mem_reddog

mem_reddog Well-Known Member

run the Device Self Service, and let it update your profile, PRL, etc. that should fix it.

EarlyMon likes this.
  11. BetterMost

BetterMost Banned

I just tried the same thing and im getting the random error message 67 pop up also now..:eek: It has to be a glitch in the software.

12. gameday26

gameday26 Well-Known Member

i to have had this error for about 2 weeks now : / , on both of my evos...... hasnt been to bad recently though

13. flyjbaker

flyjbaker Well-Known Member

This might be one of those areas where a task killer would help???

14. Braaainz

Braaainz Well-Known Member

I wonder if sprint is working on the network... I got that error a couple of times today and reading online, so have others.

15. EVOLICIOUS

EVOLICIOUS Well-Known Member

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM! its been getting worse im glad i checked before i did something crazy like update the phone and lose my root:D

16. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

I've read that its usually fixed by a profile update, and failing that, advanced support has to fix it at their end.

FWIW - I'd email Sprint from your account web page and ask what the next step was, rather than waiting on the phone. Mention in your email that you heard on the web that advanced support was required to fix this on their side. If true, you'll probably get through a LOT of red tape without listening to a know-less or elevator music for an hour.

Just a thought.

UnixDroid likes this.
  17. Neitherfanboy

Neitherfanboy Well-Known Member

I had never had this error until about 15 minutes after reading this, when it started popping up over and over (is it contagious!?) Powered off and on and it seems to have gone away.

18. no0b4lif3

no0b4lif3 Member

I received the same error about a week or two ago, and just again today.
    The first time I got it I was by the Sprint store so I stopped in and asked, he told me it was a network issue, but not a problem on their end? He wasn't of too much help.
    We searched for an update and there weren't any, and then I didn't get the error again until today. My guess is like previously stated it's either a glitch, or they're working on the network.

19. sitlet

sitlet Banned

call sprint and have them refresh your account.

EarlyMon likes this.
  20. Hardcorp

Hardcorp Well-Known Member

21. generalmofo

generalmofo New Member

I also noticed this problem a few days after I checked off the "enable always on mobile data" feature. After I turned it back on, I noticed that I didn't get that error code any longer. A few days later I checked of the "enable always on mobile data" feature again, waited about an hour or two and got the error message again.

22. Hardcorp

So you do not get the error with the "enable always on mobile data" checked or unchecked?

23. generalmofo

generalmofo New Member

i get the error when its unchecked. It works fine when its checked.

24. Hardcorp

So you have to manually update apps like weather an mail and such.

Ya. If nothing is trying to connect and send /receive data you wouldn't get the error.

25. generalmofo

generalmofo New Member

Yes, that should work. Seems like I might of left something on automatic update. So if you don't mind manually updating all the apps then there shouldn't be any problem, but I am sure I put them all on manual update. I will try this again tomorrow after work if I have time.