Data connection inconsistent

1. bhavlo

bhavlo Well-Known Member

I'm running GB 605 on my Verizon Droid X. I have had the problem of my Data Connection being inconsistent for a long time. It is very frustrating when sometimes I can grab my phone and surf without a problem one minute and then a few minutes latter I have no 3G or any Data connection at all and it takes forever to get one, if it does at all. I was thinking it had something to do with location but over time it has proven to me that I can have the same issue even in places with 4 bars of signal strength. I have even noticed this same issue at home where I also have WiFi on.

Does anybody else have this problem and know what causes it or what to do about it?

Advertisement
    :
  2. cougar214

cougar214 Well-Known Member

The way you describe it, it sounds like you may have a bad radio. i would take it to a VZW store and tell them you need a replacement.
  3. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja VIP Member

what baseband are you currently running? .13p?
  4. cougar214

cougar214 Well-Known Member

That's a good question VS. If it's not .13p then defenitely update the radio first and see if it fixes the problem.
  5. bhavlo

bhavlo Well-Known Member

My Baseband version is BP_C_01.09.13P
  6. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja VIP Member

try re-activating the device and see if that will help, it helps to update roaming capabilities, hopefully it will work for you