Data Connection issueSupport

Last Updated:

1. pmopkar

pmopkar New Member This Topic's Starter

I am from India where the Milestone was launched recently with 2.1 android. The data connection and everything was running fine till this morning when I tried installing "Market Enabler" (without Rooting). And when I tried to fake the n/w provider it gave error. After this point I am unable to have the Data connection stable. Its On sometime Off sometime. I tried uninstalling the app, doing factory reset but it didnt yield anything. Has "Market enabler" screwed up something? Please help....

Advertisement
  2. knudsen81

knudsen81 Well-Known Member

hello i dont think marketenabler can do what, try to call you provider, it can be there is some problem with the data net

3. stoned

stoned New Member

Hi,

I am facing the same problem. I use Airtel. I caled up Motorola support and they acknowledged the problem and told me that they will get back to me. They also said that there own handset was also facing the same issues.

They called back and said that Airtel customers are facing some issues and that Motorola has talked to them. He further told me that Airtel has fixed the issue and that Milestone users need to talk to Airtel and get the GPRS setting from them.

Now I cannot get hold of Airtel Customer support since yesterday.... so I am still facing this problem.

If someone gets the Airtel Settings specific for Milestone, please post it here.

4. spottyelephant

spottyelephant Well-Known Member

I have this issue on Three Ireland.

Just to clarify exactly what it is -

while the 3G symbol might be displayed on the bar at the top of the screen, sometimes it works and you can get data fine, and other times the data doesn't "come through", and whatever app you're using says "cannot establish connection" or something along those lines.

Is that what you guys are experiencing? Or is it that there is no 3G symbol at all?

My temporary fix for when it happens is to go into "APN settings" and then immediately exit. This cause the 3g to "refresh" and usually sorts out the problem, though not everytime.

5. stoned

stoned New Member

Yes, I have the exact same issue although we use Edge Network here. I have the Edge Symbol being displayed but no data flows through. I usually re-start the phone and most of the times it works after the reboot. Guess it has something to do with the networking stack..

6. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

It seems like a network related issue. I live in the UK and use Vodafone network and have no problems.

Recently I was on vacation abroad and was using a network there and was having the described issues. No issues after coming back home again.