• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Data Connection Issue

SunMad30

Aug 11, 2015
Hi All,
I have apps such as Weather Channel installed and every time I open it, I have to program the city to see the weather updates. I will never just open and show me what I have set up millions of times. I got this message once telling me to check my data something on my phone that would obviously explain why that and other apps can´t show me any info, but don´t know how to make sure the data settings are the way they should be. Any suggestions? Thanks.

If there's something about the Weather Channel app you really like than ignore my suggestion but I switched to Yahoo's Weather app a long time ago and so far have been pretty satisfied with it. Once installed you'll have the typical icon on one of your screens to just tap whenever you need to but also a typical widget (full screen, half, etc.). I have five different locations with my local one set as the default and it's held those locations as is so far.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.yahoo.mobile.client.android.weather
Oh, don't forget to uninstall or at least disable your old weather app first.

Reactions: SunMad30
Upvote 0
If there's something about the Weather Channel app you really like than ignore my suggestion but I switched to Yahoo's Weather app a long time ago and so far have been pretty satisfied with it. Once installed you'll have the typical icon on one of your screens to just tap whenever you need to but also a typical widget (full screen, half, etc.). I have five different locations with my local one set as the default and it's held those locations as is so far.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.yahoo.mobile.client.android.weather
Oh, don't forget to uninstall or at least disable your old weather app first.
Thanks for your suggestion. I got rid of the weather channel app and installed the Yahoo one and it is so much better. I love how it rains inside my phone, ha ha. Great visuals, I love it. So far it is working great, hopefully, it will keep doing that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones