• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Data connection not working

coho

Lurker
Sep 15, 2010
Hi there,

I just got my new unlocked desire about a month ago and so far its been great!
the only problem i had so far was this phone i bought it brand new unlocked from pacific mall :( and the data connection doesn't seem to connect to rogers. I got the new promo for 6gb a month.

any clues why it wouldn't work? any help would be appreciated :)

Hey,

If I were to root it, would it fix it? and what does rooting allow? And what if I screw something up doing the rooting, if I were to factory restore it, will it fix it up?

This is because for some reason, if I specify a APN connection (rogers one), it works however, terribly slow. However, if I don't specify it. it doesn't work. Could it be because it wasn't unlocked properly?

Upvote 0
thanks for the quick reply people.

kevinf1990 -> Right beside my signal bars, it displays nothing. So i would assume it is only 2g?

I'm going to give them a call to see whats up and why I have a flaky device (possibly), if not, I will try rooting it or try a new unlock code and see if its better.

Hopefully that does the trick, :S

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones