• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Data connection problem?

dirt813

Lurker
Mar 8, 2011
my data connection will not work? The wifi works fine but the data connection will not come on.:thinking: I stay in tampa but my sister phone works fine I know the 4g won't be till april but I still should have connection.I tried everything on the site to get it to work.I'm on wifi now posting this trend.any help wil be greatly peace to This indulge owner.

Not has not work at all. I got the phone the first day it came out I call metro help desk they told me I have to wait till the 4g is on in the tampa.but that can't be right cause my sister phone work since she got it three days after me.I then took it to the main coperate store in tampa also and they could not find out why its not working also.now I been checking the internet to solve the problem myself.

Upvote 0
Go to your phones settings and in About Phone make sure it has your correct phone number.

Then dial *228
wait until it says something about updating roaming lists say that one.

phone should restart, if not just hold the power button until it does.

you say you got the phone the day it came out and have had this issue since then, i would have had them switch it out for a new one by now.

Upvote 0
I had a similar issue when I bought my ascend prior to upgrading to my indulge. Go to your dealer and make sure that they set you up with the proper plan for a SMART phone. My account was initially set up incorrectly and i could not get a data connection unless i used wifi. After metro fixed their error on my account i was fine.

Upvote 0
I live in St. Pete, and my reception is spotty at best. Call quality is fine, but I can't keep a data connection to save my life. The store says to just wait for 4g, and the help line just keeps "resetting" my phone, which fixes it for about an hour and then its back to this off/on crap. If it doesn't get better on the 1st, then I'm gonna have to do something drastic

Upvote 0
A Solution to the Samsung Indulge 4G Connection Problem: Phone tends to lose 4G/Data connection when you do a complete shut-down. Does not occur when turning off display. If phone has been turned off completely and powers up with no 4G connection, pull down message/updates (run finger from top of screen down) screen and put phone in AirPlane mode. Let indicator come up on display, and then take it out of AirPlane mode. After a few seconds, phone should scan for 4G/1XRtt.

Reactions: gus4269
Upvote 0
A Solution to the Samsung Indulge 4G Connection Problem: Phone tends to lose 4G/Data connection when you do a complete shut-down. Does not occur when turning off display. If phone has been turned off completely and powers up with no 4G connection, pull down message/updates (run finger from top of screen down) screen and put phone in AirPlane mode. Let indicator come up on display, and then take it out of AirPlane mode. After a few seconds, phone should scan for 4G/1XRtt.

This works well, it seems to work like restarting a router would

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones