Data connection questionGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Jammy2010

Jammy2010 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was wondering what happens if i leave my data connection on running and i've stop every update from using it? as i use the whatapp application in sending messages or videos to friends and i hate connecting and disconnecting from the data connection in order to do it :confused:

Advertisement
  2. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

You should try it.
    My advice: Let WiFi turned on permanently. It's easy to forget to turn on wifi at home always.
    So you have automaticly no mobile network costs at home.

I have mobile network and WiFi permanently turned on and have no problems with my monthly limit of 300Mb :)

Harry

3. dvhttn

dvhttn Well-Known Member

Same here. I also have *most* updates/syncs set to manual which also helps with the amount of data sent/received. My thinking is that if I need to check something then I've got to set aside some time to do it so a manual update is part of that set-aside time. Plus, as I'm at the age where I need reading glasses most of the time, it's difficult to just glance at the screen to read a text/email, even with the ginoorrmous screen the DHD has ..... :eek:

Dave

4. sonesh

sonesh Well-Known Member

Turning off the mobile internet will save you a lot of battery, but I prefer all my apps to update automatically, so I've left it on